Steam Greenlight Lets You Vote Indie Games into Approval

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltdementhial

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
[citation][nom]LightningStryk17[/nom]Clever. Lets make our customers who pay us money, work for us for free![/citation]

I wouldn't go so far saying that...maybe if they were sony or apple i would think about it, even EA with Origin.

I can see only positive point's on this, play demos for free, maybe even full games, developers would get tons and tons of fans maybe even warnings like 2-3 good games and then a shitty one that everyone dislike so the the developers ask the community or fans for a better game.

I won't say its perfect or revolutionary but it's somenthing that can make a trend if the developers aren greed oriented.

I can't develop a game but if i was a developer i surely would like to know if im doing rigth with the aproval of a comunity.

G

LightningStryl17:
Would you rather Valve make all the choices for us, than to have a chance at bringing something special into the spotlight through your own participation? Valve isn't some golden standard- how are they to judge what is good and what is bad for all of us? Seriously, maybe you should put your critical thinking skills to use.

If every industry allowed me to vote and participate PRIOR to product-release, I'd be clamoring to "work for them for free," too. More consumer influence, please.

hoofhearted

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
Hmm. I see this being fraught with malware and such. Being that this is opening the floodgates with only the top choices being scrutinized. This would need a "report malware" option as well as a team from Valve to work it to weed out the false positives from competitive devs.

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
I love this idea. Their are so many Indie games that I wish could have been finished and so many games that sucked that being able to voice an opinion as to what games I would like to play is a great idea.

This way the smaller devs getter a better chance of getting their shot and making great games.

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
I am stoked about this. It will allow the gamers to choose what they want brought out, instead of what Valve may think we might want. Im all for it!

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
Good, I like this idea make steam more player driven. Yes there are benefits to Valve offloading the work to the community but overall I think this works out better for the players as well, it's a mutual thing that benefits both sides if implemented properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.