Steam Keeps Modern Warfare 2 Locked Til Thurs.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bfstev

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
to be fair to steam, i'm sure this had more to do with IW/Activision and less to do with valve. If anything valve probably got them to change it to the 11th as they have no reason to postpone the game.

flyhiloone

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2007
After reading all that I could about the game on the forums. I cancelled my preorder and will not be buying the game for PC. Sorry Activision you won't be getting my money to fund another game with the same problems. Listen to the gamers you will find that you stand to make alot more money if the people who pay for your product are happy...
In a final note whoever decided to "improve" the multiplayer aspect by not including the features that we all agree are vital should be fired, not today, not tomorrow but yesterday.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
"anyone who purchased Modern Warfare 2 for the PS3 or Xbox 360 is good to go.
Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for PC users"

that pretty much sums up this game doesn't it?
and lots of games lately, sooooo frustrating!

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
[citation][nom]fracture[/nom]At least make it $39.95 or something. $59.95 on freakin Steam and you have to wait longer to play? Come on dude. I mean, I like Steam's weekend deals and stuff but come on dude. It's not like the people who buy it on Steam is gonna get the manual or the little coupons that usually comes with games. Shoot, come on dude, come on.[/citation]

its $90US in the Aus store (yes its actually in USD) its more in USD at steam than it is in AUD at a real store with a real box and manual

MrHectorEric

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009
MW2 not balanced for release date.

The IW forums are full of people unable to use the multiplayer due to not knowing how to configure their router. Apparently IW thinks that's easier than using a server browser.

G

Just as a confirmation, steam's website says it will be unlocked in 1 day and 5 hours, and I can't unlock mine either. I hate steam, and I think it is a virus. What they are doing, forcing you to use steam, is almost criminal.

Ramar

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]MrHectorEric[/nom]MW2 not balanced for release date.The IW forums are full of people unable to use the multiplayer due to not knowing how to configure their router. Apparently IW thinks that's easier than using a server browser.[/citation]

That's rich, thanks. XD

kslghost

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
This is not a Steam decision, whatsoever. Activision's policy is to wait 48 hours to unlock digital copies of their game.

kozmo403

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
Oh it's nice to be playing this on the 360. I understand everyone crying fowl over lack of dedicated servers (I REALLY WISH XBL HAD DEDICATED SERVERS FOR MW2!!!), but give it a chance. If the matchmaking for PC works like the matchmaking for 360 all should be well.

IW is trying to cut down on hacking/cheating and I agree they may be going about it wrong, but at least they are trying. They will likely (read hopefully) patch it for dedicated servers or at least give PC users the option to set up private dedicated servers.

It's a great game. Don't miss it because of something trivial.

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
[citation][nom]Ironkidz[/nom]i purchased the game last night for PC and I have been playing all night! Just go to best buy or gamestop and get it![/citation]

Have you EVER played a good PC game before?!

The only thing I will have to do with this game is dl'ing a cracked version to play the SP through, 9v9 matchmaking, no dedicated servers, mods or console, I will have NONE of it.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
[citation][nom]MrHectorEric[/nom]MW2 not balanced for release date.The IW forums are full of people unable to use the multiplayer due to not knowing how to configure their router. Apparently IW thinks that's easier than using a server browser.[/citation]

bahahahaha yeah, cause p2p can be problematic between 2 people each behind their own router. I assume they don't make you forward ports...

anyway, thanks so much IW for sacrificing useful features in order to make our lives easier.......

Ramar

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]kozmo403[/nom]Oh it's nice to be playing this on the 360. I understand everyone crying fowl over lack of dedicated servers (I REALLY WISH XBL HAD DEDICATED SERVERS FOR MW2!!!), but give it a chance. If the matchmaking for PC works like the matchmaking for 360 all should be well.IW is trying to cut down on hacking/cheating and I agree they may be going about it wrong, but at least they are trying. They will likely (read hopefully) patch it for dedicated servers or at least give PC users the option to set up private dedicated servers.It's a great game. Don't miss it because of something trivial.[/citation]

It started with the servers, that's not the half of it now.

http://i35.tinypic.com/jb2zvn.png should explain everything I need to say.

Clintonio

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2008
They were probably forced to by other companies who struggle to keep up with VALVe's cheaper prices and convinience. They've done it before too...

nelson_nel

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
[citation][nom]pooflinger1[/nom]Another reason for PC users not to buy the game. Every time we turn around somebody who has some hand in the distribution of MW2 is bending PC gamers over. First, they don't give us the cool versions with NVG like the 360. Then, they take away dedicated servers. Now, they keep it locked for some unfortunate people. The least they could do is give PC gamers a reach around and give us like some extra weapons or something.Glad I didn't give them a single penny of my money for this game.[/citation]

You seem pretty self-entitled huh? For someone who didn't spend a single penny on the game nad likely won't be spending any and hasn't been spending any. You're exactly the reason everyone else keeps getting less and less. The only difference is the people who pay have a reason to feel the way they do. You're just an ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.