SteelSeries Arctis 7 Review: The Complete Package

David_582

Commendable
Jan 22, 2017
Hi!

Can you please explain the below in more detail? My understanding is it is impossible to use wireless with a phone.

'You can also leverage the device's wireless capabilities for a phone or speaker, although doing so is a little convoluted. By supplying your own audio cable, you can plug a phone into the amplifier'

What is the cord you are buying to do the above!?

Cheers

llSeekarioll

Prominent
Feb 8, 2017
I have the artics 7 and im very pleased.

To answer you question @david_582 , you cant connect it wireless to a phone, since in order to connect it wireless you need to connect , the (included) usb dongle must be connected to the device reproducing the sound (ps4 or pc) also comes with another cable 3.5mm jack that connects to audio devices like a phone or an ipod.

goldcd

Honorable
May 29, 2013
My Arctis 7 arrived today, and so far it's faultless.
With PC (or apparently PS) you can plug in the dongle and get wireless sound.
Also comes with a phono jack you can plug into a phone (or anything else) that gives you wired sound and mic.
Bluetooth would have been a nice bonus, but not one I'd be prepared to pay for as I'm only really going to use this with my PC.

Standout features for me are the build and fit - elastic strap is adjustment makes me question why nobody else thought of this.
Something that is missed in the review is that it registers as two separate output devices "game" and "chat"
Means I can bind Mumble (or your VOIP chat of choice) to the "chat" output and everything else to "game".
On your left ear you have your volume control as normal, but on your right you have a mixer allowing you to fade between game volume and mumble. SO much easier to give that a prod if you can't hear people, without having to drop out of the game and mess with app sliders.

Varza

Prominent
Feb 18, 2017
This review wasted me $200. The sound quality is atrocious. My old GameCom 780 (which is less than half the price) has much much better sound. The Arctis has no bass and despite that the sound is still washed out.

goldcd

Honorable
May 29, 2013

Petestacy21

Prominent
Mar 20, 2017
Awesome review.
This might be one of the best headsets Ive ever had.
Not regretting using a little more money and buying this instead of razer man o war which i thought of buying too.
GJ Steelseries :)