Steelseries arctis pro buying a DAC advice

MugiwaraX

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016
Hello there,

I have an arctis pro and I want to buy a DAC for it but I am not sure if either I should buy an arctis DAC or another better DAC. I am not sure if the headset is compatible with other DACs so please I want and advice.

Thank you.

Solution

I have no idea on whether a DAC of any sort is worth buying. I've never used one, never felt the need. All I was doing was mentioning to you that the headset is capable of operating with a standard analog 3.5mm input, so I think most dacs would be compatible. Keep in mind, however, you would lose the chatbalancing features that the Steelseries dac has which let you keep chat and games at a good volume without one overwhelming the other.

MugiwaraX

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016
I am sorry I couldn't get what you mean, but i know that the main cable is not like any regular one, but I can plug the headset as a usb or 3.5mm but still I am still not sure if it is possible to use another dac and also I am not if the steelseries DAC is worth buying.

canadianvice

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2012

I have no idea on whether a DAC of any sort is worth buying. I've never used one, never felt the need. All I was doing was mentioning to you that the headset is capable of operating with a standard analog 3.5mm input, so I think most dacs would be compatible. Keep in mind, however, you would lose the chatbalancing features that the Steelseries dac has which let you keep chat and games at a good volume without one overwhelming the other.

Solution