Steve Jobs Movie 'jOBS' to Debut in January

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpeh

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
I have a feeling that nobody would want to watch this movie. But then again, The Social Network was really popular and won 3 oscars and 100+ awards.

cats_Paw

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
You gotta be kidding... Jobs was good at manipulating people, but to make a movie about it? Seems 2 much...

Oh, and for those who think it wasent manipulating, how would you call to make people belive they "need" a gadget to be considered of a higher social status?

G

I had to do a double take when I saw that image, at least Kutcher pulls off the Jobs look very well.

hrhuffnpuff

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012
jOBS....if you have the word Blow or hAND in front of jOBS, it will rake in the moolah! And make it make much more interesting. Sorry for the immaturity, but I had to go there.

G

So they accidentally left the caps lock on when they typed out the title, and just decided to run with it...

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
Let's even put the Apple bashing aside for a second. The movie is called "jOBS", is that a play on iOS? They're going to do a biographical movie which is best summed up with a single accomplishment, the recent success with Apple products? I've never owned an Apple product, but I can admit he had an impact on the computing industry for decades far beyond some marketing success with IOS. Clearly this is just an attempt to cash in with the Apple zealots, likely hoping they'll confuse the j for an i.

mrmaia

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
[citation][nom]kinggraves[/nom]Let's even put the Apple bashing aside for a second. The movie is called "jOBS", is that a play on iOS? They're going to do a biographical movie which is best summed up with a single accomplishment, the recent success with Apple products? I've never owned an Apple product, but I can admit he had an impact on the computing industry for decades far beyond some marketing success with IOS. Clearly this is just an attempt to cash in with the Apple zealots, likely hoping they'll confuse the j for an i.[/citation]

"jOBS? Is that a new smartphone?"

Status
Not open for further replies.