Steve Jobs: "There Are No Reception Issues."

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zodiacfml

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2008
they could be releasing a firmware that would not allow display of a dropping signal when being held, as long as the signal is still usable. quite cheating though.

balister

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2006
[citation][nom]cozalp[/nom]Reminds me of jedi mind trick.+Hey! This thing loses signal...-There Are No Reception Issues!+There Are No Reception Issues.[/citation]

You forgot:

- Apple products are great!
+ Apple products are great.
- You will spend all your money on Apple products!
+ I will spend all my money on Apple products.
- You should go to the Apple store!
+ I should go to the Apple store.
- Move along!
+ Move along.

Gulli

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
-Consumer is locked up in a room with Steve Jobs and all 4 iPhones types

-Steve Jobs tortures consumer until consumer says there are 5 iPhones types

-Brainwash complete

G

So many haters with no money to buy thier own iPhone. Stop drinking the hateraid and get a job. Then you too can afford the most technologically advanced smart phone in the world

Houndsteeth

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
You know, we like to blame Apple and Steve for the problem with the iPhone...but tbh, the FCC and AT&T figure into this equation as well. The FCC regulates that the antenna cannot be too close to the brain, so the antenna is located at the bottom of the phone near the mouth piece, which is unfortunately where folks are going to be placing their hands.

Since the antenna is part of the exposed metal frame, this means that when a hand is placed in the right way, the signal is interrupted by someone grounding out the antenna. Hence, the bumper goes a long way to eliminate this problem. So if you have an iPhone 4 and are worried about reception issues, get a bumper.

As to the software update, I am willing to wait to see what Apple has to deliver. My history with them has been very good with regards to delivering fixes to known issues I have experienced directly with their hardware/software.

captainnemojr

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
"-Stay tuned"

What he means is the price of the iPhone is going up to $229 and $329 (from $199 and $299) for new subscribers/upgraders, but include "free" bumpers!

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Oh well, that's it then. Steve Jobs hath spoken. I guess he believes that something becomes true just because he says so. Who does this guy think he is, Obama?

Stryter

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2009
[citation][nom]AppleAll[/nom]So many haters with no money to buy thier own iPhone. Stop drinking the hateraid and get a job. Then you too can afford the most technologically advanced smart phone in the world you loser, emo, douche bags.[/citation]

No logical argument to back up his heavily biased views, just poor insults. You have successfully proved the Apple fanboy stereotype is grounded in truth.

You say stop drinking the 'hateraid', I say why don't you stop drinking the koolaid and get a mind of your own, that's assuming you can afford to buy it back from Steve Jobs.

G

Jobs is right... It is a software issue. YOU are the software. And YOU are holding the phone wrong. Do I even have to /sarcasm?

jgutz2006

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
[citation][nom]vaskodogama[/nom]this jus came in: iHand - The best accessory for holding the mighty-steve-built-and-awesome-blabla iPhone 4I'm gonna get sued for this[/citation]

Upgrade to iHand 2.0 for a nominal Fee and gain the iReacharound feature

G

Who willing to bet that this "software fix" is just a recalibration of your signal (bars) indicator to falsely report much higher reading then you are actually getting and when you end up dropping calls and get poor connectivity JOBS will point the finger @ ATT?

rallende

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2009
[citation][nom]09PWPhoenix[/nom]Who willing to bet that this "software fix" is just a recalibration of your signal (bars) indicator to falsely report much higher reading then you are actually getting and when you end up dropping calls and get poor connectivity JOBS will point the finger @ ATT?[/citation]

Best intelligent non-flame post I've seen yet. Stop the crying already and go buy a different phone. Of course if you want to cry, go in the corner and stay there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS