Steve Jobs Wanted His Own Cell Carrier for the iPhone

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoder54

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
[citation][nom]ta152h[/nom]Most of these whiners are kiddies that can't get a date, can't afford anything Apple, and have done nothing in their lives so look at respected people with envy. Don't get me wrong, outside of some cool vintage Apple stuff (Apple IIe/IIgs, Lisa, etc...), I would never buy Apple, and never did until long after it was obsolete and thus collectible. But, the market has spoken. Even reviewers recognize the iPhones are good to excellent, and iPad 2 as excellent, and they don't want to. Virtually every article that reports on quality, reports Apple's Macs on the top of the list. Virtually every poll shows Apple customers as happy. When you're a miserable toad, you resent happy people. You resent things they have that you can't swing. You resent success, because it makes your own failures so much more painful by contrast. Apple represents success. The company is wildly successful, and the people that can afford their stuff and mostly successful. For the losers, this makes them feel bad about themselves, and they hate it because of it. Don't let it bother you, these guys will keep posting as long as their utility company doesn't shut off their electricity, but they have no effect. The impotent ravings of the disenfranchised aren't convincing to anyone, except others of the same, who need no convincing.[/citation]

I agree 100% with you, but you may have omitted one important aspect of these "haters." I would imagine that most are still in high-school, or lack a college degree. Immaturity and a lack of understanding simple economics seems to be inherent within their lot.

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
[citation][nom]Yoder54[/nom]I agree 100% with you, but you may have omitted one important aspect of these "haters." I would imagine that most are still in high-school, or lack a college degree. Immaturity and a lack of understanding simple economics seems to be inherent within their lot.[/citation]

I wouldn't assume that - It's just as bad as them assuming we are mindless Apple drones who have no technical ability.

Instead of posting how much better Android or Windows phone is by comparison, they are reduced to making fun and belittling Apple users - What bullies do to make themselves feel better...

Just call them out on it. I assume they are adults with technical knowledge (why all of us are on this forum and read Tom's). They should be able to respond with a decent response instead of more mockery and belittling.

Example: iOS sucks because Android is truly open source and we can all do what we want instead of having to do it Apple's way...

But in reality we see : "So Apple fans, just admit you bought Apple because you think it looks cool, it is just as valid a reason and probably the most honest answer you will ever give. The iPhone does make you look cool, if Fonzy had a smartphone it would be an iPhone too. But is it better? It's not me you are lying to, it's yourself"

Which speaks for itself :)

The energy company I used to work for

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Considering this company wants to control every aspect of every thing, it shouldn't come as a surprise. But his reality distortion field could not distort the wireless spectrum.

Yoder54

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
[citation][nom]sundragon[/nom]I wouldn't assume that - It's just as bad as them assuming we are mindless Apple drones who have no technical ability. Instead of posting how much better Android or Windows phone is by comparison, they are reduced to making fun and belittling Apple users - What bullies do to make themselves feel better...Just call them out on it. I assume they are adults with technical knowledge (why all of us are on this forum and read Tom's). They should be able to respond with a decent response instead of more mockery and belittling.Example: iOS sucks because Android is truly open source and we can all do what we want instead of having to do it Apple's way...But in reality we see : "So Apple fans, just admit you bought Apple because you think it looks cool, it is just as valid a reason and probably the most honest answer you will ever give. The iPhone does make you look cool, if Fonzy had a smartphone it would be an iPhone too. But is it better? It's not me you are lying to, it's yourself"Which speaks for itself The energy company I used to work for[/citation]

It is easy to make the assumption regarding the lack of education by their lack of command of the English language, and the inability to understand marketing and economic forces.

You statement: "But in reality we see : "So Apple fans, just admit you bought Apple because you think it looks cool, it is just as valid a reason and probably the most honest answer you will ever give." is equally inane. Personally, I do not own any Apple portable devices. There is something positive to be said about any OS that uses the UNIX kernel. The assumption of "trying to look cool" only shows a lack of understanding the technology behind the product, and a simplemindedness of the human psyche. Really, if you want to look cool you go out and get some implants, dye your hair, or spend most of your money on clothes and fast cars. What happens when the consumer has only Apple and Android to choose from? How do you classify consumers who purchase products based on reviews by Consumer Reports and the like.

Being able to build a computer does not mean you are smart and/or well educated. I have had plenty of HS students over the years who could build their own box, but when it came to simple communication, understanding the world around them, and creative problem solving they were simpletons.

Status
Not open for further replies.