Steve Wozniak Says iPod's Days are Numbered

Status
Not open for further replies.

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
Sooner or later everyone has a ipod, or has this or that, thats just life. Whats the point of owning 3 ipods, that's just a waste of money in my opinion. Add more features, make it bigger, do something to keep it alive otherwise it will die, won't sell much, and of course sooner or later i will be the one waiting for that price drop and finally buy an ipod. For the most part population will come down to respects to our ever gaining population and you just have to realize in order to keep up you got bring new idea's to the table. Working on the same project for what 7-8 years however long its been i forget but its time to move on and get new idea's.

jaragon13

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
Nice picture,haha.

But,Steve Wozniak.Saying Apple isn't the best thing in the universe? And it's products aren't the best thing ever?

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]jaragon13[/nom]Nice picture,haha.But,Steve Wozniak.Saying Apple isn't the best thing in the universe? And it's products aren't the best thing ever?[/citation]

Woz has always been a bit more critical and honest with his opinions about certain products (both good and bad). Ít's the 'other steve' (jobs) that will lie or avoid answering when faced with an inconvenient question. But then that's to be expected, since he's the guy that has to iron out all the bumps in their business strategy created by honesty and fair competition.

evilshuriken

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2006
If they add flac support to the ipod, improve it's lame sound quality, and let me add music to it without having to use itunes I might then consider buying one.

techguy911

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
Archos 605-705 can record directly off your sat dish or cable and has built in pvr, tv or sat program schedule ipod can't do that and its cheaper, also it can play back on your tv and has remote for docking station.

G

It could have something to do with the fact that the global economies are tanking and consumer spending is about to be dramatically reduced. Dow Jones is falling about 400 points a day and is down 5,000 points from its high this time last year. Electronics are always the first thing people cut from their budget. I wouldn't be surprised to see a MASSIVE decline in iPod (and all MP3) sales. People who can't afford to put gas in their car will hold off on the iPod and listen to the radio.

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
I guess some smart people have no common sense. STFU Woz! I'm sure quite a few share holders would like to punch him in the face right now.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]fulle[/nom]I guess some smart people have no common sense. STFU Woz! I'm sure quite a few share holders would like to punch him in the face right now.[/citation]
So you're saying he should not be allowed to speak what he thinks is the truth, because people with money may want to beat him up for it?
I know honesty has very little room in many 15-25 year old people's world, but it's still something a lot of people admire or at least respect. If the stock holders think he's wrong, I'm sure they'll take appropriate actions, but in any case, that is not for you or me to judge. Abandoning freedom of speech for fear of retribution brings us back to the time of adolf or even the renaissance, where power is everything and lives were cheap.

G

I agree that the days of iPod is numbered. However i believe it will live on as software inside our phones and computers. The physical entity of an iPod will be an outdated idea as no one wants to have two electric devices in their pockets, when an iPhone takes care of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.