Still not working right

Status
Not open for further replies.

mshane221

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013
Hello,

Thank you, this problem has been taken care of. Apparently that was only part of the issue. I formatted about a week ago and my laptop hasnt dropped offline at all now. The issue I am still having with it is the battery drains way to quickly for the laptop I have. The stats on this state that I should get 4-5 hours of battery time with no problem. This laptop is only 5 months old. Acer sent me a brand new battery about 3 weeks ago thinking it was a battery issue. I still only get about 2 hours out of a charge. I have calibrated the battery as well and to no avail. When I am on the internet it really drains the battery fast and the fan seems to be working much harder at that time as well. Facebook games especially drain it too fast. Again, laptop is still under warranty, but I don't want to send it half way across the united states for 2 weeks to get it repaired. Was hoping someone could tell me what they think could be causing this problem so I can determine if I can just have it fixed here locally if it's not a big issue? Tried adjusting setting to use less power as well.

Thank you
mshane221
angelbl@blinkusa.com

spawnkiller

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
Laptop are getting 5-6 hours on desktop, not doing flash games... 2 hours is a decent time for a laptop with a standard battery...

PS: i own a Lenovo IdeaPad Y580 and when watching a movie, i get about 1:30 to 2 hours because of the screen brightness, the CPU usage, the GPU usage and all the power used by wireless, etc... I get about 5 hours when standing by on desk or just internet surfing without FLASH apps or youtube video (when playing youtube vids i get about 2h of battery life)

noidea_77

Honorable
Jul 28, 2012
A fast spinning fan tells you the cpu is working hard. As spawnkiller already said, that happens wile playing flash games or doing other cpu intensive things. The 4-5 hours you will only get with office work, like word or reading mails.

Status
Not open for further replies.