Stop Light With a Progress Bar to End Road Rage

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
its not the red light that pisses me of, its the light that changes to red when nobody is coming and the 4 minutes i have to waste of my life as nobody passed the freaking intersection. When a blinking yellow light would've been fine after 9pm. or the fact that if i hit a red lights and go 5 over or the speed limit that i have 10 more red lights that are impossible to get through unless i got 15 over or 15 under. The people that time these lights are are a sharp and an oreo.

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
and for my previous post, when you hit green, you'd IN THEORY hit all greens. But the margin of error is so little that most of the time tehre are dumbasses going 10 under because they only care about themselves (in all 3 lanes) and then the whole road rage thing gets a million times worse. If I owned a gun, i would be in prison by now for people like YOU not being respectful of people's busy schedules!

mariushm

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
[citation][nom]Smochina[/nom]We had counters for red lights in Romania. They were removed because morons suddenly behaved like race drivers.[/citation]

We still have the counters in Cluj-Napoca, Romania, but pretty much only for pedestrians.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]traesta[/nom]really though ... anyone with experience behind the wheel can watch the adjacent lights and learn how they work so that once it turns red then your light will turn green ... but as far as using a red count down timer around the red light i think its a neat idea, so lets spend all of our government tax dollars on that instead of providing more funds to our kids schools to give them a better education ...by the time they graduate they wont even know what a light bulb is[/citation]They already don't know what a light bulb is. Let's say we pour lots more money into the CURRENT "education system" we have (brainwashing facilities that don't actually teach kids things they need to know). You'll just end up with kids that STILL don't know what a light bulb is, but we spent a whole lot more money to pull it off.

You could cut class size down to FIVE KIDS, QUADRUPLE teacher pay, and give students free access to advanced laptops, digital libraries, personal tutors, etc. It still won't do JACK as long as the educators, school book authors, board members, et al have an agenda to train them to be mindless idiots with the power to Vote but no critical thinking skills.

G

I personally do believe lights like this will make people become more reckless at driving. I, for one, would. I already hit the pedal to the metal with an inner voice yelling "GO!!!" whenever I get the green light in plain vanilla traffic lights D:

invlem

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
Seems ok to me, so long as its not like the Microsoft progress bar, which seems to have the ability to move in reverse just as well as forward.

OsirisZero

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
yeah lol its going to lead to an increase in drag racing because as well all know you can only drag race when you have an EXACT IDEA of when the light is going to change LOLOLOL.

Really people? You know, you can also usually tell when the light is going to change by looking at the OTHER ROAD'S TRAFFIC LIGHT. *gasp!!* I think I just blew my mind! You mean I can look at the traffic light for the road that's going perpendicular to the one I'm driving on to see when it changes colors? NO WAY.

Heh! Also, why do you think that just because the light is counting down that it will just automatically make everyone want to street race? If anything, all it will do is make regular street racing more efficient. ;-)

OsirisZero

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
yeah lol its going to lead to an increase in drag racing because as well all know you can only drag race when you have an EXACT IDEA of when the light is going to change LOLOLOL.

Really people? You know, you can also usually tell when the light is going to change by looking at the OTHER ROAD'S TRAFFIC LIGHT. *gasp!!* I think I just blew my mind! You mean I can look at the traffic light for the road that's going perpendicular to the one I'm driving on to see when it changes colors? NO WAY.

Heh! Also, why do you think that just because the light is counting down that it will just automatically make everyone want to street race? If anything, all it will do is make regular street racing more efficient. ;-)

OsirisZero

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
"Wait a second, that red light is telling me that I have five seconds until green. Why, I think I'm going to try my hardest to race my ass off from the moment the light turns green!!! I just--I just HAVE to. I mean, it's a COUNTDOWN right?"

As opposed to, "Man, this light is red. I really want to get to work! C'mon change! I like to go fast! I like to go fast! I like to go fast! I like to go f--oh wait, the light just changed green. ...Well, I guess I'll now just slowly pull myself through the intersection because I can only justify going fast if I have a count-down to show me the way. :'C"

Makes perfect sense.

Besides, if you ask me the traffic system would be greatly improved by people actually attempting to make it to the speed limit in a timely fashion in the first place.

G

hi i'm in thailand i want to knoe what is this webside use for i don't really understand u guy talking about

Status
Not open for further replies.