Storage options for full laptop

PotatoHeadache

Prominent
Jul 3, 2017
I've been searching this community and the answers seem helpful so I'm hopeful someone can help me.

I have a ASUS Vivobook E200HA. It came with 32GB of storage. It's full. I've emptied the trash folder, deleted all bloatware, temporary files, downloads, even programs I want to have. It's still full. I can't even run the reset PC option because it needs 6 gb.

I had been saving to a USB drive, but now I can't do that. I'm not sure why. It saves the file name, but no data is transferred. It does this for two USB drives, and for One Drive. I assume it's because the hard drive is full. I also can't run Edge because shortly after I do it crashes, also assumed because storage is full.

What would you folks suggest I do? USB drives? Cloud drives? External hard drive?
I want to be able to run programs (itunes, etc) and there simply isn't space on the hard drive. Also I'm unsure why I can't even save to One Drive or USB drives right now.

Any guidance would be amazing!

Thank you!

PotatoHeadache

Prominent
Jul 3, 2017

There's no way, that I know of, to upgrade the storage though. It doesnt have a HDD you can swap out. If you know how I can do that, please share!

I've deleted everything, uninstalled everything and compressed everything.

caboose2321

Honorable
Oct 5, 2012
Another option you could do if you don't want to swap out the ssd is to set up network storage or use cloud based storage. A lot of routers now days have a USB port to plug in an external hard drive.