Store away laptop for a long time

Akiyato

Estimable
Nov 15, 2014
Hi guys,

I have an asus zenbook laptop (non removable battery) and currently not needed and thinking of storing it away for a long time.

Not quite sure what would be best to do? Fully charge or drain it before storage?

Solution
My advice would be to backup the hdd and sell it. The longer you keep it the less its worth and before you know it its only worth $50 and its needs a new battery because you just cant preserve those. In a few years you find that you need a laptop, just use the funds you got from selling this one to buy a new one, You get newer and more powerful technology and dont have to worry about how you are going to replace a dvd drive when they dont exist anymore. LoL

popatim

Splendid
My advice would be to backup the hdd and sell it. The longer you keep it the less its worth and before you know it its only worth $50 and its needs a new battery because you just cant preserve those. In a few years you find that you need a laptop, just use the funds you got from selling this one to buy a new one, You get newer and more powerful technology and dont have to worry about how you are going to replace a dvd drive when they dont exist anymore. LoL

Solution