Straight Talk phone function on Verizon Network Extender

CallmeJP

Estimable
Jan 14, 2016
I live in two parts of the country for 6 months each. I have been looking for a Straight Talk 4G LTE phone that will work on my Verizon Network Extender installed in my northern home. The nearest cell tower is 8 miles away. Otherwise I am in Florida and any phone works here.
I recently purchased a Samsung S4 model through Walmart as their site had a link on the Straight Talk phone information that stated the list of phones shown were Verizon phones. When it arrived it is packaged in the Straight Talk box and has a blue map, which I understand is AT&T or other provider and may not be CDMA technology or SIM. The label on the lower left corner of the box has LTE-A. Before I return this item to Walmart to get a refund, can anyone tell me if it is possible to tell (without opening the box) if the Samsung Galaxy S4 S975L will work on a Verizon Network Extender? Calling Straight Talk does not help as they don't understand the question.

CallmeJP

Estimable
Jan 14, 2016
I believe I have found an answer to my own question. I called Straight talk technical support and the representative informed me that they do not currently offer a Samsung Galaxy S4 phone that works on the Verizon network. One must purchase an S3 or an S5 Samsung phone for Verizon service. Now this is as of 10:00 AM on this date: January 14, 2016, so it could change after that time and date. We all know how fast technology is changing