Straighttalk $45/month (Walmart)

seriousgamer

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012
Hello.

Walmart currently has straight talk ($45/month) unlimited talk/text/data.
Also they have a year prepaid for $495! I did the math for 4 people its $3960 for 2 years (4lines) since Em comparing it to two year contracts
This is where ATT would charge $230/month (6gb data) for a total of $5520 for 2years (plus activation fee $144 + phone fees)

Also its no contract with straight talk, We could do year by year to get a better deal.
Is there a scenario in which ATT would be better? How do ATT upgrades work (never had them before) would a 4 line family plan with ATT be eligible for 4upgrades each year? How does the upgrade work? Who is eligible/how many, etc?

How is their service? I heard they use ATT towers so is it the exact same coverage?
Is it really unlimited data or does it "throttle" at certain limits ( I Honestly dont care for data Im near WiFi 99% of the day)

Would any GSM phone work? For example If i bought a Samsung Galaxy S3 off Ebay (ATT/TMobile) S3?

I can only answer some of your questions...

1. I believe Straight Talk uses a variety of towers, Sprint, AT&T and Verizon. Maybe T-Mobile as well. From the info I've gathered all Android phones runs on Sprint's network only. Phone models ending with "c" uses Verizon. Phone models ending with "g" uses AT&T.

2. I've read that StraightTalk's customer service leaves much to be desired. One post I've read stated, "God help you if you need to deal with StraightTalk's customer service", another was "I am sure the customer support person was pretty knowledgeable and tried very hard to help me, but I could not understand what he was saying because of his thick accent". I'm sure Verizon, AT&T and Sprint have issues too with customer service, but it seems Straight Talk has more issues.

3. True "Unlimited Data" no longer exists. If you have a 4G phone, then after about 2.5GB of data per month the phone drops to 3G speed. It resets at the beginning of the next billing cycle. If you have a 3G phone then maybe you will get "Unlimited Data", unless you are dropped to 1G speed after 2.5GB. That would suck.