Strange battery problem

zipakos

Commendable
Dec 12, 2016
I got an Acer for more than 5 years now and for the last 2years(following a format of the Acer OS) the battery(AS10D51 Li-ion) is drained within 5minutes of idle use.
Now the strange part is that i installed Linux a year back and it didn't show a faulty battery(like my win7 do) and it lasted more than an hour when i unplugged it with normal use.
For those who want to say "Use Linux" i am a bit of a gamer and lazy so i would have a real hard time with Linux.
I tried the powercfg to see my battery charge and it was very low even though it's always plugged.
I tried emptying it(even 0% with some tweaking the windows power plan) and refilling it several times but it didn't work.
Any suggestions before replacing it?
Thank you!

zipakos

Commendable
Dec 12, 2016

The only reason i haven't bought a new one is the Linux fact.Is there a possibility this is a driver issue?

Also do you have a recomendation for a new battery?I'm from EU.

Battery is a consumable item, meaning it wears out over time. When a battery is worn, all bets are off, any reading is not to be trusted. This is weird for you but in reality is a well known symptom of worn battery.