Solved! Strange freezing problem when connect HDMI to TV

Jan 27, 2019
My plasma TV does not recognize computers with HDMI but recognize a blueray player.

I have a strange problem between:

- Dell Plasma TV
- Acer Laptop with Geforce GTX 1050ti GPU and
- Samsung Laptop with the only built-in graphics card
- A Blu-ray disc player

- Firstly, I connected to Samsung laptop to the TV with HDMI cable and TV does not recognize it,
-Then, I connected the Acer laptop and immediately it freeze
- At this point, I thought that HDMI cable has some problems
- I bought a new HDMI. Repeat the above processes and results was the same
- At this point, I thought that HDMI input of the TV was the problem
- However, I connected a Blu-ray disc player to the TV with HDMI and it worked.
- I connected Samsung laptop to the TV with VGA and it worked (Acer does not have VGA output)

So, HDMI cable is working, HDMI input of the TV is working, HDMI outputs of the laptops are working (I can connect them to a monitor without problem) but why the connection of laptops to the TV with HDMI is not working?

I appreciate any help.

Solution
Did you set the video resolution of the laptop to match the plasma TV? If it's not compatible with the TV you get a blank screen or error message.
You can also change the order you select the input on the TV and boot the laptop. That affects how the laptop and TV handshake.
HDMI depends on the laptop-HDMI cable-TV. A cable that works with one combination may not work with another. When one part of the chain doesn't meet minimum HDMI standards some combinations can compensate others can'.
Did you set the video resolution of the laptop to match the plasma TV? If it's not compatible with the TV you get a blank screen or error message.
You can also change the order you select the input on the TV and boot the laptop. That affects how the laptop and TV handshake.
HDMI depends on the laptop-HDMI cable-TV. A cable that works with one combination may not work with another. When one part of the chain doesn't meet minimum HDMI standards some combinations can compensate others can'.

Solution