Strange laptop sound

JRock247

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
Sounds like your fan. May be its not set right or is loose or bearings are shot. Try and take a look at your fan, it should be accessible, see if you can see anything not right. If not, go back to Acer and see if they can help.

The sound puts me in mind of a fan blade rubbing up against a foreign item (a piece of cardboard or other debris?). Or maybe something internal in the laptop near the path of the spinning fan blade - a wire drifting over near the fan?

A bright light and a visual inspect of the exhaust port before diving into the internals?
ansicht3_36.jpg

Acer Aspire 5750G Notebook review (not an identical model)

atSizzlers

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Strangly i hit it a lill bit on the fan and noise aint so constant as it used.I suppose somethink is inside rubbing on the fan.So im gonna open it and check it

atSizzlers

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
hahah :D now sound is less noticable when not playing game or watching video.Lol myself was afraid to open the laptop since its all electronics in there.So i blow up nicee air on it and seems it is part gone.

atSizzlers

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Yea but if it was a wire wouldnt be non stop rubbing atm i hardly hear it.Btw i would study but older acers got it easier while on mine i must remove the whole back to check the fan

atSizzlers

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Nah im not americano mate so this acer is far from me,the company i bougth from ima go tommorow and ask em to open it for me and check it.Stil thx for replying