Strange single line diagonally across my screen while gaming.

NewManWalking

Estimable
Dec 31, 2015
I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I am currently getting a single line diagonally across my screen while gaming. Depending on the game its always on screen or just during cut scenes. I have looked for solutions, which lead me to try turning on v sync, turning on/off anti aliasing, changing resolution, updating drivers but nothing has gotten rid of it.

Picture of my problem.
cyqBmv.png

Solution
I had an awkward problem like this but only while browsing chrome or on the internet but not while gaming, thought it was my laptop, but after a windows 10 update it was gone, so I guess it was windows 10 for me.
Hi,

I would suggest to try doing a clean install of the graphics card driver that may help in solving the issue.

Here's the complete guide on how to do the clean install of the graphics driver:
http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2767677/clean-graphics-driver-install-windows.html

Once done installing the latest driver, reboot your laptop and set your games to run using the graphics card processor then see if the same problem will persist or not. If these doesn't work I would also suggest to uninstall/reinstall the games that are having problem.

NewManWalking

Estimable
Dec 31, 2015

Thank you for your reply.
I did not monitor my gpu temperatures.
I do not believe it is overclocked.
Lowering the game settings has no effect.

NewManWalking

Estimable
Dec 31, 2015

Thank you for your reply.
I'm currently reinstalling one of the games to see if that helps. If it does nothing for me then I will attempt what you have suggested and update you.

NewManWalking

Estimable
Dec 31, 2015

Installed then ran msi afterburner while gaming, none of the temperatures were above 50°c but the gpu usage was at 98...Could that be the problem?

fezz4734

Estimable
Aug 4, 2014
I had an awkward problem like this but only while browsing chrome or on the internet but not while gaming, thought it was my laptop, but after a windows 10 update it was gone, so I guess it was windows 10 for me.

Solution

Thineswar

Estimable
Apr 6, 2015

yup, that may be the issue
the gpu is not powerful enough for that game, try lowering the graphics settings, and maybe even overclocking your gpu
this is a good guide: http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2749337/safe-gpu-overclocking-guide-2015.html

NewManWalking

Estimable
Dec 31, 2015

Of all things that it could have been causing this issue and slowly driving me mad, it was the one thing I wouldn't have thought. Damn windows update! Thank you very much fezz4734, just made my night... I can finally sleep haha. XD