Solved! I spilled water on my laptop and now it is stuck on a startup loop while playing this annoying tune everytime it turns on. The screen stays off though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 29, 2021
I accidentally spilled water on my laptop. When the water spilled, i immediately lay the laptop face flat (keyboard down) over some tissue. I thought that would be enough because it continued to work properly. But after some time it just switched off. I left it to lay for a while longer then turned it back on. But this time it would take me to the lock screen then turn back off. I decided to forcefully shut it down by holding the power button, but that caused it to start making a bleeping tune. Then the laptop started turning itself on and off repeatedly while never turning on. It's stuck on a startup loop but never turns on.

Solution
First things to do with a spill on electronics is to turn it off, open it up as much as you can, and dry it out for a day or two to make sure all the liquid is gone.

Chances are pretty good the motherboard is dead, but you can try to see if it works without the keyboard or if you replace the keyboard.
First things to do with a spill on electronics is to turn it off, open it up as much as you can, and dry it out for a day or two to make sure all the liquid is gone.

Chances are pretty good the motherboard is dead, but you can try to see if it works without the keyboard or if you replace the keyboard.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.