Solved! Strange wifi Problem

Tobi_Katon

Commendable
Jun 10, 2019
I have hp laptop with windows 10, it has realtek rtl8822be wifi card. The problem is that when i shutdown my laptop and after i switch it on the wifi card becomes non operational, the laptop acts as if there is no wifi card present, so i reinstalled windows again and then the card was working i was able to select networks i want to connect to and so on, but as soon as i shutdown and restart it the wifi card stops working,the wifi icon disappears from the taskbar and network and sharing centre tells me that wifi card is non operational, only fix is to reinstall windows again to gain access to wifi capabilities. I even tried downloading drivers on my phone and then transferring it to laptop and even installed them, but once i shutdown and restart the wifi is gone completely, i literally have to reinstall windows to get access to wifi again which is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Solution
I fixed the issue by myself. The culprit was the internet portal app which my dorm wifi uses to let users connect to internet by logging in with student number and stuff. After i uninstalled the app from my laptop and reinstalled windows again, i switched on my phone data and mobile hotspot and used my laptop to connect to internet which worked obviously. After that i restarted the laptop and this time the wifi was working normally without any issues whatsoever. When i used the portal app it was creating an issue with my network card and when i used to restart, the laptop acted as if there was no network card. Long story short: I uninstalled the Fishy Internet Portal app which my dorm uses and now there are no issues.
Thank You.
Please...

Tobi_Katon

Commendable
Jun 10, 2019
I fixed the issue by myself. The culprit was the internet portal app which my dorm wifi uses to let users connect to internet by logging in with student number and stuff. After i uninstalled the app from my laptop and reinstalled windows again, i switched on my phone data and mobile hotspot and used my laptop to connect to internet which worked obviously. After that i restarted the laptop and this time the wifi was working normally without any issues whatsoever. When i used the portal app it was creating an issue with my network card and when i used to restart, the laptop acted as if there was no network card. Long story short: I uninstalled the Fishy Internet Portal app which my dorm uses and now there are no issues.
Thank You.
Please close the thread as my problem has been solved by me LOL.

Solution