Solved! Stream Business Skype using External Sony Camcorder. Is it....possible?

Mar 24, 2020
Hi! I found this site while searching out my question. Thank you to anyone in advance you may provide some assistance!

I need to stream a business skype meeting on my Dell Windows 10 PC laptop using my external Sony PXW-Z150 Camcorder, which has SDI and HDMI inputs.

However, it's not clear to me how one can connect an external camera to business skype in the first place.

To make things more difficult, I need to also record the meeting that will be shared with several people and last several hours.

Does anyone have any information on this? Streaming is not my forte.

Solution
Yes you can use a camcorder, with the catch that the camcorder needs to have the ability to be seen as a camera by the computer which usually involves drivers and is usually only available in older camcorders that use firewire and some models that had USB connections with drivers from the camcorder vendor.

Read up on your model specs and see if you can use it that way. You are not connecting it to Skype specifically, once the camcorder is setup as a camera device Skype can use it. Another option is to use an external video capture device and plug the Camcorder into that. Will be pretty expensive though, you may just want to get a good quality webcam or streaming camera and use that.

Recording of the Skype calls can be done within...
Yes you can use a camcorder, with the catch that the camcorder needs to have the ability to be seen as a camera by the computer which usually involves drivers and is usually only available in older camcorders that use firewire and some models that had USB connections with drivers from the camcorder vendor.

Read up on your model specs and see if you can use it that way. You are not connecting it to Skype specifically, once the camcorder is setup as a camera device Skype can use it. Another option is to use an external video capture device and plug the Camcorder into that. Will be pretty expensive though, you may just want to get a good quality webcam or streaming camera and use that.

Recording of the Skype calls can be done within Skype options.

Web search with stuff for you to check on https://www.google.com/search?q=usi...0l4j69i60l2.5335j0j9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Solution