Solved! Streaming Server Help!!!

Apr 17, 2020
I want to set up a Plex streaming media server to host content for my family. Mainly my 5 kids that are in the military and stationed abroad and my 2 brothers and my wife and I on separate TVs in the house will access simultaneously . So there is a possibility of 8 simultaneous 720P steams occurring at once. I want to spec out a processor that will handle this and was thinking that maybe the 12 core AMD 1920X might handle it. However, Im unsure if more cores are needed for simultaneous streams or higher Ghz of processor speed for transcoding. Please help and give me some insight any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Solution
What you need is a very good internet connection more so than a high end CPU. Keep in mind that you will probably not be actually streaming the movie (as in playing it and the people connect to a live feed of it) but using it to share the file like a normal shared hard drive, just with fancier interface. Any modern CPU and enough RAM will do the job, say 32 gb of RAM, solid state drive for storage.
What you need is a very good internet connection more so than a high end CPU. Keep in mind that you will probably not be actually streaming the movie (as in playing it and the people connect to a live feed of it) but using it to share the file like a normal shared hard drive, just with fancier interface. Any modern CPU and enough RAM will do the job, say 32 gb of RAM, solid state drive for storage.

Solution