Question Streaming television to "dumb" television

kep55

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
We have two "smart" tvs and two "dumb" tvs. I think I know the answer to this question but I want to make sure.
We want to dump Spectrum since they are definitely NOT worth $265/month. I know our two "smart" tvs can connect to the internet, so no problem there. For the two "dumb tvs, what options are there? Both do have USB ports. We have an Amazon Fire Stick 4K Max and an Amazon Fire TV 2nd Generation.
We definitely want to get local channels and there are maybe twenty channels on spectrum we watch regularly. From what I've learned, youtube tv has the locals and the networks we want, but can it be hooked up to a dumb tv?
Suggestions and recommendation welcomed.

USB ports are useless for this, they are to either play local media off a drive or for flashing new firmware. Some also have USB ports for optional WiFi sticks.

They should have HDMI ports on them, you have the Fire Stick and Fire TV, both of which are HDMI devices. Plug them into the TV and there you go.

For local TV stations, you can use an over the air antenna for some channels or things like YouTube TV or Hulu or some other service that runs on the Fire TV.

kep55

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Okay, at my age I'm lucky to remember what I did...what was I saying?
Any way, meant HDMI ports. I figure out that my 2nd Gen Fire TV box will get HULU, Disney+ and, drum roll please...Live OTA channels. Too bad Amazon doesn't even admit this old slab exists.
THANK YOU!