Street Fighter X Tekken: Finally Fighting Together

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevesauce

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
This game looks sick...but will be out in about two years since MvC3 is out next year. I'll be waiting for Tekken x SF as well...:D

Steven Bancroft

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2008
Why on earth would they make 2 versions of the same game? Could they not agree on the use of super moves or something? And who in their right mind would want to buy both? I definitely wouldn't have liked it if they made Marvel vs. Capcom 2, and then I had to buy Capcom vs. Marvel 2 to play all the characters.

NathanTR

Distinguished
May 18, 2010
It should be cool, but I'd rather have SNK vs Capcom 3. Capcom should have also used a different art style for the trailer, makes me think it'll be Super SF IV with some Tekken people in it.

broken_sticks

Distinguished
May 25, 2007
the two games will be the two styles of game but featuring both sets of characters - SFII fans win, Tekken fans win, fans of both SUPER WIN

^_____________^

alexmx

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
I stopped liking street fighter when they started with all the Ryu/Ken variants (gouki, dan, sakura)

On the other hand, I always liked tekken because of nina williams lol, she sure knows how to kick ass

roadrunner343

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
[citation][nom]Rab1d-BDGR[/nom]This makes me very happy! I just hope that each company can replicate the "feel" of controling the characters from the other franchise. Otherwise it will just be SF with tekken characters and tekken with SF characters - not that that would be a bad thing - but genuine tekken vs SF gameplay would be amazing! (and this would settle a few nerd arguments once and for all...)[/citation]

That is exactly what is going to happen (My best guess anyways) and is the primary reason they are making two versions of the same game. Tekken and Street fighter are vastly different fighting games, and I think each version will replicate the franchises feel. For example, SF X Tekken will still play like a SF Title, but with tekken characters.

CoryInJapan

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2008
Ive always been a bigger Tekken fan that SF so I think its sick that both developers are making they're own versions.

Hopefully Namco will make something as good or better than capcom.

as long as they are both good ..its all good.

johnny_5

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
[citation][nom]roberotto[/nom]zangief x king??? chun li x Ling Xiaoyu???[/citation]
Fei Long vs... whatever Tekken's Bruce Lee knockoff is named.

osxsier

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
I got the see this at the SFIV panel at Comic Con...the room went nuts when this came on. Also, they are making Street III again.

masterasia

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
+1 for Street Fighter
+1 for Tekken
2 of my all time favorite games combined into one.
Now if they can just merge with Midway and make a Mortal Kombat X Street Fighter X Tekken game

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2008
"but they won't be working on the same game. Capcom will be making its own version called Street Fighter X Tekken (the X is for "cross") and Namco will be making Tekken X Street Fighter."

This is terribly stupid! Instead of joining efforts, they compete against each other. And fans will be confused about which one to get..Many of them may end up buying both :x . And guess what? each company will make its characters more powerful than the others!!

Status
Not open for further replies.