Question Stripped laptop screw

Dec 7, 2020
I know there a probably plenty of guides out there, but I can’t seem to find one that either is explained well or similar to my situation.
One of the screws of my laptop is completely worn out. It’s pretty much just a hole, no remains of a cross pattern. Rubber band trick doesn’t work at all.
Don’t want to use JB weld as I don’t trust myself not to cause an accident. Also don’t want to ruin any tools.
I was thinking of getting a screw extractor set but the screw is pretty damn small. No more than 4mm diameter, the thread even smaller.
Won’t be able to dremel a slot into it as it is just underneath the plastic.
I took it to a computer repair store, thinking they’d have the equipment to deal with the sort of thing, but they told me it’d cost minimum £50, which I felt was way too much.
Really want to do this as cheaply as possible and need to get my laptop fixed as soon as possible.
Any ideas?

hang-the-9

Titan
Without proper tools you are stuck. Only way is to drill through it fully or to cut a slot in the top for a screw driver, or try using the superglue or jb weld to turn it. There are no new secret ideas to fix a stripped screw past what you already read about.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Laptop General Discussion 0
T Laptop General Discussion 0
C Laptop General Discussion 0
Michael@Jensen@WK Laptop General Discussion 9
chaudharyharsh Laptop General Discussion 1
E Laptop General Discussion 0
EDMUND EGILIP Laptop General Discussion 3
R Laptop General Discussion 1
Ashfaq1786 Laptop General Discussion 5
ariana_ir.2631 Laptop General Discussion 4
S Laptop General Discussion 3