Solved! Stripped laptop screw

Dec 7, 2020
I know there a probably plenty of guides out there, but I can’t seem to find one that either is explained well or similar to my situation.
One of the screws of my laptop is completely worn out. It’s pretty much just a hole, no remains of a cross pattern. Rubber band trick doesn’t work at all.
Don’t want to use JB weld as I don’t trust myself not to cause an accident. Also don’t want to ruin any tools.
I was thinking of getting a screw extractor set but the screw is pretty damn small. No more than 4mm diameter, the thread even smaller.
Won’t be able to dremel a slot into it as it is just underneath the plastic.
I took it to a computer repair store, thinking they’d have the equipment to deal with the sort of thing, but they told me it’d cost minimum £50, which I felt was way too much.
Really want to do this as cheaply as possible and need to get my laptop fixed as soon as possible.
Any ideas?

Solution
Without proper tools you are stuck. Only way is to drill through it fully or to cut a slot in the top for a screw driver, or try using the superglue or jb weld to turn it. There are no new secret ideas to fix a stripped screw past what you already read about.
Without proper tools you are stuck. Only way is to drill through it fully or to cut a slot in the top for a screw driver, or try using the superglue or jb weld to turn it. There are no new secret ideas to fix a stripped screw past what you already read about.

Solution