Stuck between two Lenovo Laptops

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Mike BD

Estimable
May 3, 2015
Hello.
Few days ago,I've told you I choose to buy a Lenovo G505S.
Today,I've got my time and I'll wait until November to pick one up.
P.S:I can wait even more.
But,few seconds ago,I've found another Lenovo.

Which one is better in gaming?
As always,best regards.

Solution
I could give everyone an answer, but that would be a 2 page post. Here is a summary.

You don't need a blow torch to burn out a cpu. They do wear out sometimes.
AMD A10 isn't super expensive http://www.ebay.com/itm/AM4600DEC44HJ-GENUINE-ORIGINAL-AMD-MOBILE-A10-4600M-SERIES-CPU-2-3GHZ-/291461880249?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43dc7b59b9
They do raise a good point the i5 is better and the gt720 is better, but less vram then the hd. I have an hp envy with good gpu and only 1 gig of vram and it could use more.
There is a slight price difference
Neither one is super good at gaming
I can say that the second one in some areas will perform better and the amd will have its good parts too.

These laptops are very close and it won't make a...

Iamsoda

Estimable
Feb 18, 2015

You want my friends used one? LOL I can get you a good price.

Giru Out

Estimable
May 8, 2015
I have had a really bad experience with lenovo laptop regarding gaming. i am using lenovo z570 i3 2ghz with 1 gb 520m dedicated graphics. Its a complete shit when comes to gaming perfomance. The last good game which ran comfortably on medium settings was COD black ops 2 (bot not in ultra or high settings). Then modern games like ghosts, battlefield, batman, fifa etc are just junplayable due to heavy lag and bad laptop performance.

After going through the specs of g505s which is even more lower than the current lenovo laptop which i am using. I would suggest please don't go for lenovo laptop if u really are into gaming because with that low cpu you can't even run modern games in low settings.

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i3-3110M-vs-AMD-A8-4500M

You need atleast i3 5th gen or i5 4th generation to run modern games atleast in low settings.

I know many asus laptop with in same price range with much much better cpu and graphic card

Mike BD

Estimable
May 3, 2015
Ok.
What makes me worry that much is the price of the FCBGA 1168 motherboards when we come about separately buying.
More [or even hugely more,depending on the model] than any AMD FS1R1 or FS1R2 motherboard.