Stuck in Buying New Gaming Laptop. Need help

Hoppalaaaa

Commendable
Jun 16, 2016
Hello everyone, looking for a new gaming laptop to buy. However I'm just stuck. Actually planned to buy alienware 17 r3. However there is too much rumours around. Here is the detailed specifications that I'm looking for;

1. Max 2000$ budget

2. 17.3' screen size

3. 1920 x 1080 Resolution. (Not thinkin' UHD)

4. I will mostly use it as a desktop replacement laptop. However I'm also travel much. But the weight not important too much.

5. >3 batter life is OK for me.

6. I play mostly CS:GO and also Skyrim Gta-5 and Witcher 3.

7. Only using AutoCad and other familiar tools.

8. 1tb + 128 SSD is OK.

9. Prefer to buy from amazon,dell or xoticpc.

10. At least 5 year life time.

11. I really really like Alienware. However so many people says that they are expensive and unefficient as we compare with Asus and Msi. When I confi. the Alienware laptop I can buy 6870hk, gtx 980m, intel chipset, 128ssd laptop for 1900$ (There is a 300$ discount until 23. June). However when I check Asus, with the same specifications price goes 2400$ and in Msi it goes for 2100$-2200$. I've once tried Asus n550 series and didn't like it.

12. It will be purchased in U.S

13. Need your help guys :) Sorry for my English :)

Buying a system outside your area will have warranty and service issues. You want to make sure you are ready to send the system to the US for service and have it shipped back to a US address since they will not ship the thing back overseas to you.

The brand does not matter much at the higher end of things, MSI, Alienware, Asus, Clevo, even Lenovo systems are all about equal. Alienware does seem to have a bit of a higher brand markup than others. You can check www.xoticpc.com to compare many models at once.

Hoppalaaaa

Commendable
Jun 16, 2016

Hello, first of all thank you for your advice.
Warranty and service is not problem because Dell and Msi have 1 year global warranty and also Asus (as I know).
Do you know any specific reason why the Msi and Asus is more expensive than Alienware? Because everybody was saying Alienware is the most expensive one, however when I searched it is opposite.

spruce11

Commendable
Mar 2, 2016
I don't think Alienware is the most expensive one here. Same here, the search result is opposite. And possibly the main reasons would be because MSI and ASUS have specific gaming features that are not usually brought up in the general spec sheet, and you may need to go to their website to find out or you personally go for a store to try out, such as the enhanced thermal system, dynaudio output, mechanical keyboard, built-in nahimic, streaming software free trial, etc. It is always encouraged to try these features in person and see if these features worth the added value. For me, I am not so caring about the mechanical keyboard, but I do care about the audio performance.