Study: 1 in 337 Android Apps Pack Risky Ad Libraries

Status
Not open for further replies.

supall

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
I'm glad these researchers actually came up with a solution that doesn't hurt any party so much as make it slightly inconvenient for developers when developing their apps. Kudos to the NCSU researchers.

Miharu

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2007
Interresting. "Android" is open it's why you can build statistic like this.
Imagine what is the statistic for Apple as a "closed" form.

Remember it's Apple that being pursuit by FCC due to fraudulent privacy settings.

wiyosaya

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
The best solution would be for Google, Apple and other mobile platform providers to take the lead in providing effective ad-isolation mechanisms.”
Gee. I wonder why the authors said this?? Perhaps because gaggle and crApple don't care about privacy? I guess some people think that gaggle will do no harm. If you believe that, I have a deal for you. :)

G

Rooting your droid phone and installing "adfree android" makes the world a better place.

inerax

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
[citation][nom]Maxpower2k[/nom]Rooting your droid phone and installing "adfree android" makes the world a better place.[/citation]

Rooting your android and throwing it away makes the world a better place.

I was hit with an "adpack" when i had my EVO. It sucked so bad. Ads everywhere

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
There will always be idiotic developers who value short term profits over the downloaders. Who cares about all of hatred if you're rolling in easily-acquired money?

Status
Not open for further replies.