Study: Wii Fit is Not Making Your Family More Fit

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dmwright

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009
I suggest a lot of the posters to read the actual article. The study was not about whether the wii gives you more health or not, the study was whether the introduction of a wii into a family would cause people to exercise more. 3 months were spent without the wii, and 3 months were spent with it. And the method of calculation would be on weight,etc..

There are some that state the sample size must be 30, etc... But we should remember that Statistics is a study, and I am sure the student followed his professors guidelines. As a university, I'm guessing they didn't have 30 Wii's sitting around to use, it's academics not the Military. :p.

As for the basis of the study and whether it has merit, it would be PC World who should take the blame if it was not a proper study.

nachowarrior

Distinguished
May 28, 2007
they actually PAY people to 'study' things that should be ob\/ious to anyone?... what the hell. gimme 20 bucks and a bottle of whiskey and I could ha\/e told you this.

Status
Not open for further replies.