subwoofer and amp problems

Proffa3

Estimable
Oct 3, 2015
ok SO im going to buy Pioneer SP-BS22-LR
bookshelf speakers and Acoustic Audio - Acoustic Audio Cinema CS-PS8-B 300W 8" Powered Black Subwoofer Home Theater Sub - Black to my room setup. but if i need new amp for that what would be good? my max budget is 300 €. or is there good cheaper speakers that can use my sub as amp?

Solution
That sub has an amp but can only power itself, you need a dedicated amp to power the other speakers.
The sub can never power other speakers.
It does not matter if the other speakers are cheap or not.
I already told you this.

guanyu210379

Distinguished
So..I am kinda bit confused with your questions but..ok...I will try to understand.
You are trying to get a 2.1 setup using 2x Pioneer SP-BS22-LR and a Acoustic Audio Cinema CS-PS8-B subwoofer, correct?

The max budget is €300, only for the amp? or everything?
Acoustic Audio Cinema CS-PS8-B costs about €100, a pair of Pioneer SP-BS22-LR costs about €130, together they are already about €230, Only €70 for the amp? €300 will not really get you anywhere.
If you have €300 only for the amp, now we are talking, Denon PMA720 is nice for the price up to €300.

Using your sub as amp? using Acoustic Audio Cinema CS-PS8-B? Yes, the subwoofer is an active subwoofer but can not power any other speakers than itself. I do not know where did you get this idea. You need definitely amp for the Pioneer SP-BS22-LR.
The subwoofer has only audio passthrough or whatever it is called.

Proffa3

Estimable
Oct 3, 2015

Proffa3

Estimable
Oct 3, 2015
im sry for confusing question. but thanks for anwser. Well i dont need great speakers just ones that have pretty good quality on sound. now i have labtec 285 pulse so i think you understand why i want to upgrade my speakers, but these dosent have amp (or it is inside builded to sub) so i didnt know that im gonna need that expensive amp :/ Can you recommend eny cheaper speakers that can work pretty well without amp. This all is just coming to my room where i connect them to my laptop. One guy said that the sub i choosed was good budjet choise, so im going to stay with that unless you recommend some better one. Dream setup for me would be speakers that are connected to sub and then to my laptop (like they are working now).
:)

guanyu210379

Distinguished
If you are really on budget, I would recommend that you take those active loudspeakers e.g. the ones used for PCs.
There are plenty of those on the market like Logitech Z623, etc.

Going for Hifi components will need quite a serious investments or you will get only mostly crap.

guanyu210379

Distinguished
That sub has an amp but can only power itself, you need a dedicated amp to power the other speakers.
The sub can never power other speakers.
It does not matter if the other speakers are cheap or not.
I already told you this.

Solution