Solved! Subwoofer Connecting Issue

Mar 21, 2021
Have a polk magnifi sub from a sound bar sub kit. Has a “Sub input” but when i plug my receiver into it it keeps trying to pair it with the soundbar. Any way to hack it or advice on building a new sub? Really want to use this one as it sounds phenomenal but just can’t get the thing to work.

Solution
The SUB is powered and designed to be used with the soundbar, I have not heard of a sub that came included with a soundbar that was designed to be connected to a receiver that is already sending power out, unless you have a line out for a sub on it that is not powered. Post a picture of the sub and the connections it has.

Not sure why you would want to build a new sub vs buying one, but there are plenty of speaker build guides online if you look.
The SUB is powered and designed to be used with the soundbar, I have not heard of a sub that came included with a soundbar that was designed to be connected to a receiver that is already sending power out, unless you have a line out for a sub on it that is not powered. Post a picture of the sub and the connections it has.

Not sure why you would want to build a new sub vs buying one, but there are plenty of speaker build guides online if you look.

Solution
Mar 21, 2021
It has a sub input(aux) but polk support said it wouldn’t work unless i took out the speaker and built a new sub. I’m low on funds bc of the pandemic rn so i was hoping to reuse it. Think i’m just gonna bite the bullet and get a budget sub instead. Would a mono price 12”” be good? I have a friend offering his for 80$. Thanks for your reply.

It has a sub input(aux) but polk support said it wouldn’t work unless i took out the speaker and built a new sub. I’m low on funds bc of the pandemic rn so i was hoping to reuse it. Think i’m just gonna bite the bullet and get a budget sub instead. Would a mono price 12”” be good? I have a friend offering his for 80$. Thanks for your reply.

An AUX input is not the same thing as a connection for it to an external receiver or amp.

Monoprice has good products for the price but I have no idea about whatever you are getting is past looking up reviews.

Mar 21, 2021
An AUX input is not the same thing as a connection for it to an external receiver or amp.

Monoprice has good products for the price but I have no idea about whatever you are getting is past looking up reviews.
The people at polk sent me a sub out to aux cord to try and no luck. thanks for trying i’ll get the monoprice sub and post a review on here. Gotta be better than a soundbar