Subwoofer connection cable

lor1983

Commendable
Mar 20, 2016
I've bought a Denon Avrx2200w and a Mass 5.1 speaker system and I'm just trying to get it setup. But I'm not sure what cable to use to connect my sub to my amp? It has an Lfe connection jack but what do I use for it? A single rca cable? Will a single to two rca cable work or is another cable required? Sorry bit of a novice with this stuff!

Thanks

Luke

Solution
You can use a basic (single) RCA cable, or you can use a coax cable with RCA plugs on them such as this:
Monoprice cables on Amazon
Doesn't need to be from Monoprice, they just give a good price for pretty good cables.

You just connect the cable to the sub out on the Denon, and then to the LFE on the sub, and set the crossover to as high as it goes (on the sub).

Since it looks like this is your first time running this kind of setup, here is a link that helps out with using Audyssey which I suggest you use:
Audyssey FAQ

After using it (or even if you don't) make sure your speakers are set to small and that you are using a crossover of at least 80Hz (I'm assuming this is the Mass 5.1 from Monitor Audio). Also make sure the...

ien2222

Distinguished
You can use a basic (single) RCA cable, or you can use a coax cable with RCA plugs on them such as this:
Monoprice cables on Amazon
Doesn't need to be from Monoprice, they just give a good price for pretty good cables.

You just connect the cable to the sub out on the Denon, and then to the LFE on the sub, and set the crossover to as high as it goes (on the sub).

Since it looks like this is your first time running this kind of setup, here is a link that helps out with using Audyssey which I suggest you use:
Audyssey FAQ

After using it (or even if you don't) make sure your speakers are set to small and that you are using a crossover of at least 80Hz (I'm assuming this is the Mass 5.1 from Monitor Audio). Also make sure the "Subwoofer mode" is set to "LFE" only and not "LFE + Main"

Solution