Successful unlock of Phenom II black to a ....X2??

Blackdog12285

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012
Hey, I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this. I have a dual core that was unlocked perfectly fine on my old M4A785-M and is now unlocking to a X2 on my new MB. I find this odd because usually if the unlock is unsuccessful it will simply state it and revert to previous settings, but this is acting like it is a successful unlock while giving me the same X2 reading of the stock CPU.

MB: M4A78T-E
GPU: Radeon 4670
Memory: 4GB DDR3
PSU: 650W Antec

CPU-Z also shows the CPU @ X2 just incase the MB reading was a bug.

Blackdog12285

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012
Hey, I checked it out and set it to 2(was the only option other than 1) and still the same thing. I tried unticking the box like one guy mentioned and its still saying 2. My Bios is also up to date. Is there anything else you can think of?

Blackdog12285

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012
Yeah, I have ACC on Auto and Unleashed mode on. I have tried setting cores manually instead of "AUTO" and cant get it to unlock to even a 3rd core. My MB is a refurbished model sent as a replacement when my old board died(The one that unlocked the CPU to quad fine). I am starting to wonder if maybe this is why the guy who owned it sent it back...

So much bad luck with electronics these days. Ive had 3 GPUs rma'd and they all BSOD and stutter and then my MB fails and each model they send back fails. :/

$hawn

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Well as a last resort, try updating ur BIOS to the latest version, and then restore all settings to Default values.
Next, try unlocking again and see what happens:) all d best:)

PS:- Yea i noe.....my graphics card died very close to the end of my 3 year warranty.....after 15 days those XFX rascals gave me back a refurbished card with lots of scratches and red ink on it....it worked for sometime, and then failed just 1 week after my warranty ended!!! :(

Blackdog12285

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012
Yeah, I figure thats the last thing I can do at this point. Thanks a lot for your help Shawn.

My GPU was Sapphire.... Im just selling it on Ebay since they claim it worked fine at the factory so maybe my PC is just incompatible with it for some reason.