Sudden shutdown in hp laptop after reaching 20%

Jun 14, 2018
I purchased my laptop Hp ay005tx two years ago.. But from few days it is showing a problem... The laptop shutdowns suddenly after 20-25% without any warning.

N when i plugin the original charger to the laptop n power on the laptop....

The laptop starts charging from directly 20%... Plz help...

Solution
Although it may say it has this percent available, that doesn't mean it actually does. When batteries start to go bad they will often hold less and less of a charge, but say they are still holding a normal charge. In the case of yours, it probably can't actually use that percent of the battery capacity and there is really nothing you can do to change that. it is normal for batteries to hold less and less of a charge. The only resolution is to replace the battery.
Although it may say it has this percent available, that doesn't mean it actually does. When batteries start to go bad they will often hold less and less of a charge, but say they are still holding a normal charge. In the case of yours, it probably can't actually use that percent of the battery capacity and there is really nothing you can do to change that. it is normal for batteries to hold less and less of a charge. The only resolution is to replace the battery.

Solution
Jun 14, 2018
Thank you so much for the quick reply and solutions... I hv few questions
1)is it ok to play games like watch dogs (AC adapter + battery both plugged in) even though battery is full charged ... Will it affect the laptop hardware?

2)is it ok to play high or low end games on only AC charger.. Without the battery... Is it good or bad...
Thanks in advance

It should be OK, but I wouldn't do it all the time. Over time it can do damage, but usually that take a long while. It will draw more power from the charger as it tries to charge the battery and run the device, so over time it may well damage the charger.

I can't say if it will be OK or not to do this. Some devices won't even work at all without a functioning battery in them, or in some cases a non-functioning battery. Meaning taking it out can cause the device to not work at all.

Jun 14, 2018
Thanks brother... The battery is still working but not giving that much backup as it is 2 years old...

The battery works between 20% to 90-97%... Stand by is less but still working...i m getting 1-1:30 hour backup..

So should i immediately purchase a new battery.. Or should i wait for the complete death of battery....

I always stay in a room.. Working n gaming.. So electric supply is always present.. I don't go outside with the laptop.. So lobg battery backup isn't a problem for me....

What should I do... Wait for complete wear n tear of battery or immediately purchase a new one... Plz give advice n suggestions..

Thanks in advance brother

Were it me, I would get the battery now, and you don't have to put it in yet if you don't wish to. Just try to avoid an aftermarket one. They can be pretty hit or miss and can cause problems on their own.

But, it is totally your call. It is, after all, your device.

Jun 14, 2018
Hey... Amigo... Bonjour...

Will it be ok to make a partition of Windows 10 and linux in a laptop of 8gb ram..

I want linux for my study purpose and Windows for gaming and all that....

I have 1 tb hard disk

Will i be able to use all 8gb of ram while using Windows?

Does partition affects ram usage?

Please help

Jun 14, 2018
Need ur help bro.... Because another bro wants to purchase a laptop under 50,000 Rs.... He is student (Engineering)... He likes gaming too.. So plz advice a durable laptop... I had used hp, dell, lenevo and asus too... My personal opinion is HP.. Because durability is more... Kind of rough and tough..

There is a laptop Hp 15 bs 180Tx...

With i5-8250 8th gen
2 Gb Amd Radeon 520
8 gb ram
2 tb Hdd

Plz give your opinion

Is Amd Radeon 520 a good or bad GPU????

Jul 27, 2018

im using this laptop its good but not for hard core gaming im playing nfs hotpersuit and its performance is awesome