Suggestions for gaming laptops (Budget of $3000-3500 CAD)

Nathan Gagne

Estimable
Apr 20, 2014
Hi, I am looking for suggestions of gaming laptop options. I have been looking at the Razer Blade 2016 but I've noticed that most of the competition is running the gtx 980m as opposed to the 970m. Not sure how much of a difference that upgrade in card adds (Please let me know).

The Razer Blade 2016 is a system I am considering a lot as it has all of the specs I want with the exception of the 980m graphics card and a lack of storage even with the 512 SSD version. I also see that the Razer Core has the potential to make the Blade that much better but I'm not sure to what extent and if it's worth spending the money for the core and a seperate GPU.

I would like to be able to run current titles like Fallout 4 at High-Ultra if possible. Battery life is not an immense issue but I would like at least around 4-5 hours of battery life while surfing the web. I know this might be a stretch but definitely hoping to get a strong gaming machine. Also, I've noticed that the Razer Blade doesn't have quite the 4k resolution that other laptops in the price range have which is interesting but definitely not a necessity. After some research, I've seen that laptops aren't usually even able to run games in a 4k resolution with decent FPS so I might be thinking too much into it.

I have looked at the Gigabyte P35x v5 which has all of the specs I am looking for and has a clean look. However, I've noticed that reviews say that in general, Gigabyte systems aren't always of the greatest build quality and that the keyboard is very subpar.

My budget is in the area of $3000-3500 Canadian.

Thank you, and please don't hold back if you think I'm not considering something :)

Nathan

Solution
If weight is not an issue, you can get much better specs with Sager or Origin Laptops for your buck. The new models offer desktop CPU and GPU in a Laptop (Intel 6700k and GTX 980).

RalphSt

Commendable
Jun 8, 2016
If weight is not an issue, you can get much better specs with Sager or Origin Laptops for your buck. The new models offer desktop CPU and GPU in a Laptop (Intel 6700k and GTX 980).

Solution