Super Bowl Outcome Predicted by Madden NFL 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
Tom's readers are not stupid enough to watch the Super Bowl so you are wasting your breath.

Moe begins to shove the crayon back up Homer’s nose.
Homer: DEFENSE! DEFENSE!

aletoil

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
Its a 1v1 matchup. 50% chance of getting it right, 50% chance of getting it wrong. I could have predicted the win. Anyone wanna write an article about me?

JofaMang

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2009
[citation][nom]aletoil[/nom]Its a 1v1 matchup. 50% chance of getting it right, 50% chance of getting it wrong. I could have predicted the win. Anyone wanna write an article about me?Predicting 6 in a row correctly would be %1.56 odds based on purely 50/50 chance of each event ignoring all other variables. They did 5 of 6. Try again.[/citation]
Predicting 6 in a row correctly would be %1.56 odds based on purely 50/50 chance of each event ignoring all other variables. They did 5 of 6. Try again.

chriskrum

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
Run the simulation a hundred thousand times for each game. Average the results. Then maybe we'll know if you've got something.

buzznut

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2007
Yes, it's completely random. You could flip a coin six times and easily have it land on heads 5 times. If you know anything about statistics you'll realize this doesn't mean anything at all.

I would say get 30 ps3's running the same simulation, with the same stats, same parameters, everyothing being equal and compare the results.

G

I also have a computer program that accurately predicts sporting event outcomes, and just like EA, Ill prove it to you one day after the game.

I also have a bridge for sale.

aletoil

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
[citation][nom]JofaMang[/nom]Predicting 6 in a row correctly would be %1.56 odds based on purely 50/50 chance of each event ignoring all other variables. They did 5 of 6. Try again.[/citation]
Flip a coin 6 times. Its not a perfect 50/50, but im pretty sure in an alternate universe, Madden 10 would predict 1/6 correct. It was all chance, nothing more.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
Let's see how accurate the latest NFL2K is... oh wait... nevermind. I can't remember the last time there was actually a good Madden game. And apparently it's marketed towards 12 year old girls. Anyone who has heard the soundtrack for it knows what I'm talking about. In fact, it seems like an EA Sports theme. I played a FIFA game that actually had worse music. What happened to just normal traditional sports music or stadium tunes or at least something that fits the sport.

G

yeah at the same time tho EVERYBODY was saying the colts were going to win outside of new orleans i mean statistically between the two teams the colts should have won. so in a way EA took a risk at believing in their program. all they need to do now is get into the gambling business and las vegas will be known as EA City.

G

The chance of getting exactly 5 out of 6 right is 9.375%. The chance of getting at least 5 out of 6 right is 10.9375%

itrendslave

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2009
Lol, a friend and I played a game of Tecmo Super Bowl on the NES (Colts vs Saints) to try a Super Bowl prediction. We were way off, but I thought it was a good idea anyway. Forget all these fancy 3D graphics in the 21st century! Long live Bo Jackson.

theramman

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
Hell if I was a beting man and knew nothing of sports, i sure would try the game first to see the outcome ;)

Tho my luck would be the one time its wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.