''Super Mario Galaxy 2,'' ''Metroid: Other M'' Dated

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nottheking

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2006
Wow, I'd thought that the original SMG gleamed with so much polish it hurt to look at, (my only nit-pick is that I wished they'd somehow put anti-aliasing into the game, even if it meant being an option that cut the resolution to allow for it) it seems that they've managed to take it farther yet for SMG2. I'm pretty sure it'll be able to steal a good number of days/weeks out of my life... But like with the first, I doubt I'll remember to ask for them back.
[citation][nom]LePhuronn[/nom]nothing hardcore about being only half-way through after a year of ownership![/citation]
Read as: "It was too hard for me to get more than halfway through it." ;)

[citation][nom]LePhuronn[/nom]the Wii, no matter how you split hairs or define "hardcore", is not, nor was it intended to be, a "hardcore" gaming platform.[/citation]
I wonder what argument you make on it not being "hardcore"... The lack of shiny graphics that the 360 and PS3 have? Irony there would lie in how "dated" such hardware capabilities are on those, even when they came out. (and the existence of games like The Conduit) Or is it because the Wii includes motion-sensing which was part of the PS3 from the start as well?

Really, the platform doesn't mean jack squat as far as how "hardcore" something is; that's entirely what the developers choose. Historically, Nintendo's made some of the most hardcore games; Super Mario Galaxy is among them. There's a REASON why there's a term, and it's specifically called "Nintendo Hard."

athreex

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
no matter how you split hairs or define "hardcore", is not, nor was it intended to be, a "hardcore" gaming platform.

That's because you haven't played the WiiWare versions of Mega Man. Uber-Hardcore, Super difficult and if you're not patient, frustration will come along to sing you a song about what hardcore really means.

Status
Not open for further replies.