Solved! Super slow charging after repair S7

Nov 9, 2019
Hey guys! I recently brought my s7 to be repaired as the charger port would barely work due to the cable falling out and also the headphone jack the same problem.

The guy said he could potentially fix the problem with just a good clean of both ports which seemed to actually work

I also asked him could he replace the battery with a new one as I have had the phone 3 years.

My problem is that now my phone is saying it's taking 3-5+ hours to charge and the fast charging feature isn't working. I thought maybe it was just the fact the port was dodgy and that's why the fast charging wasn't working.

I brought it back in the the shop today and the guy said that he tested it with a new port and the original and both were getting low charge readings and he think it might be possible motherboard damage from improper charging or something.

I also factory reset my phone and reinstalled just the apps I use daily and updated the os fully.

Anyone any experience with this thing?

I wanted to try fix the phone if I could instead of shelling out 1000$+ for a new phone

Solution
If he put in an aftermarket cheap battery that could easily be your problem. I would check on that first. Many aftermarket batteries just do not work as well as the OEM ones.

You might also want to take it to a different tech to have it looked at. Just in case. You never know how good someone really is at something, nor if they really did the work you asked.
If he put in an aftermarket cheap battery that could easily be your problem. I would check on that first. Many aftermarket batteries just do not work as well as the OEM ones.

You might also want to take it to a different tech to have it looked at. Just in case. You never know how good someone really is at something, nor if they really did the work you asked.

Solution