Support FireFox on FireFox 3 Download Day

Shadow703793

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
Ok, first sorry for posting it in this section. Had to post here since it's the most popular section :).

----------

Pledge your support for FireFox and help set a new "Most software downloads in 24 hours". Download Fire Fox 3 when it is released to the public and you are all set. For more info:

Pledge your support here!
http://www.spreadfirefox.com/en-US/worldrecord/
FireFox day FAQ

**Note that you can run both FireFox 3 and FireFox 2 side by side. If you know a certain website/application has problems with FireFox 3(and not FireFox 2) you can still download FireFox3 and run it under a different program folder (ie FF_3,etc).

Evilonigiri

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
Not that many people pledged in Africa...

I read this before, but why can't Mozilla just make the download mandatory? That way will surely give you a ton of downloads.

sciggy

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2008
Not that many people pledged in Africa...

I read this before, but why can't Mozilla just make the download mandatory? That way will surely give you a ton of downloads.

That would get away from the spirit behind things. Forcing people to download it to beat a record? Thats pretty shady if you ask me. I'm curious to see how improved it truly is.

Evilonigiri

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
Ah, good point. I was thinking of that and you just confirmed it.

Anyways, hopefully things will speed up. Perhaps TGH will get a boost? :lol:

Evilonigiri

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
They say that Opera 9.5 is the fastest, but I still love Firefox with all its addons, etc.
I tried Opera before, but I feel more comfortable with Firefox. Come on, who doesn't like a ball circumscribed in a flaming fox? 'Sides, Opera reminds me of some TV show...:p

sciggy

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2008
So much for downloading it. Site has been unresponsive now for a few minutes. Going to take a while to get in and download.

chise1

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2008
Yeah it's pretty painful to try to get in for a download... Maybe in 20 hours the traffic'll go down ;)...

xBruce88wXx

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2008
i haven't even got my notification email saying it was ready, although i already know. site has been unresponsive since 1pm est.

fatcat

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2005
Been using Firefox for quite a while and currently using the 3.0 beta. No way I am going back with IE and I didn't like opera either so Go Fox Go

major_error

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
site's probably swamped trying to send out the 900 thousand notification emails....and then there's all the people flocking to the website for a link >.>

jwbb00

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2007
Mozilla's website has a link that says download Firefox 3, but it's build 2.0.0.14. The alternative site, getfirefox.com must be inundated, because it won't load.

Nik_I

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2007
"
Repairs in Progress

The service you’re looking for is unavailable at the moment. We’ll be back up and running again before long, so please try again soon. Thanks for your patience!"

sounds like their server is having problems.

nachowarrior

Distinguished
May 28, 2007
i tried to download, and like a few other people i got the incorrect version
so i manually modified the address bar to get what i wanted (just took a WILD* guess) here it is

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/products/download.html?product=firefox-3.0&os=win&lang=en-US

win xp x64 is what i am running at the moment and the link originally looked like this....
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/products/download.html?product=firefox-2.0.0.14&os=win&lang=en-US'

i posted a thread on it as well titled firefox 3 error fixed.