Surface Phone Could Be Ultimate Galaxy Note Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce_Almighty

Commendable
Nov 29, 2016
Wow, a Windows phone -- Why didn't Microsoft think about this before? LOL Microsoft has failed so many times at mobile yet they have the hubris to try one more time. When you have as much cash as they do, what's one more failed device?

John_558

Commendable
Dec 6, 2016
I work in enterprise mobility and look forward to the Surface Phone. Most enterprise business utilizes Microsoft Windows on their IT assets. The Microsoft Surface Phone will allow tight integration with existing Windows infrastructure.

The Surface Phone could solve a major problem in the enterprise workspace. For organizations using Android they have to deal with a fragmented OS as well as security and privacy issues. On the other side those organizations using iOS are trapped in an expensive walled garden.

The Surface Phone has the potential to be the perfect 3rd alternative. With new enterprise features rolling out to Windows 10 in early 2017 I expect a large push to migrate from Windows 7 next year. This would be an ideal time to roll out the Surface Phone and cement the position of Windows 10 in the enterprise.

With a solid focus on the enterprise and prosumer market the Surface Phone can succeed. The renewed spirit of innovation under the leadership of CEO Satya Nadella has the potential to reshape the current model of enterprise mobility.

Benjamin_59

Commendable
Dec 7, 2016
the author of this article is misinformed. Samsung has never announced that they are scrubbing the whole Note line. It has already been established by leaks from Samsung that a new Note model will be released. There was nothing wrong with the Note 7 phone itself, it was just the battery.

Alan_93

Commendable
Dec 7, 2016
Since when has it been announced that the note line is rediscontinued? As I understand it a note 8 is still planned and on schedule for the near future.

I don't think there are many that are interested in a windows phone, I think there would be more interest in blackberry to be honest.

Himanshu_24

Commendable
Dec 12, 2016
I am with @Cimmerian101 here that the rumoured stylus slot may well be a headphone jack, unless Patently apple has some data along with the pics to suggest otherwise.
However, I do believe that surface phone (though I am sure it won't be called a 'phone') will have stylus support. After all what MS is after is not actually upgrading phone to do computing, but to squeeze its surface line into a 6" or less form factor that will have the option of calling. They are working backwards with this device and hence ditched the phone division which was about upgrading the phone.
Curiously the article missed upon the recent announcement that windows 10 will soon run on ARM. That was a very big hint about features of this upcoming device. It may still not sell a whole lot, but it is expected to turn Microsoft around in the mobile space.

Status
Not open for further replies.