Surround sound does not work

Ogre Bros

Estimable
Apr 20, 2015
Hello, I have a Philips HTR5000 surround sound system, but my pc recognizes it as a stereo system. Is there anything I could d

Solution
When you use the 3.5mm stereo output of the PC you can't get digital surround sound so you would set the Philips to a sound mode such Dolby Prologic2 or various music modes.
If you can connect your PC with either the coax or optical audio inputs then your should be able to get digital surround if you can configure you PC to output it.

Ogre Bros

Estimable
Apr 20, 2015
I don't know if it supports the same formats, also, I connected it trough the 3.5mm jack port the first time and the second time I tried an external sound card (TtEsports Bahamut), both tries were useless.

When you use the 3.5mm stereo output of the PC you can't get digital surround sound so you would set the Philips to a sound mode such Dolby Prologic2 or various music modes.
If you can connect your PC with either the coax or optical audio inputs then your should be able to get digital surround if you can configure you PC to output it.

Solution