Solved! surround sound problem

Jan 17, 2019
hi i bought a HDMI to VGA Adapter with 3.5mm Audio Port and i have plugged this into my chrome book via the vga cable and it works fine but i have another issuse i have tried getting surround sound on my ps4 and its not playing the sound but as soon as i turn to normal tv the surround sound is there but on the back of the ps4 there is no optical connection and the back of my lg surround sound box the optical connection doesnt work so i bought a hdmi block and i am wanting to know if there is anything else that would work as i have spent alot of money on other connecters and nothing seems to work so please help ps or am i just wasting my time buy this that and the other

Solution
For surround sound you would need to connect the PS4 to the surround sound system then from that you would use the pass-through HDMI for video to the TV. Need to check over the manuals for PS4 and that surround sound system to see what is needed to get them working together.
Jan 17, 2019
hdmi cable is connected to the ps4 and to the tv i have also tried connecting said cable from the ps4 to the surround sound box but nothing seems to give me surround sound for the ps4

For surround sound you would need to connect the PS4 to the surround sound system then from that you would use the pass-through HDMI for video to the TV. Need to check over the manuals for PS4 and that surround sound system to see what is needed to get them working together.

Solution

It's a normal HDMI cable from the surround sound system to the TV. Yours may not have it though, not all do, but if you have HDMI inputs on the surround sound system it should. Really you may want to ask someone local to you to see what you have and how you have things connected, you were talking about the Chromebook with some adapter, and some HDMI block so things may be a mess with what you are doing.