Survey Says 40 Percent of Samsung Phone Owners Jumping Ship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill_106

Commendable
Oct 14, 2016
My S7 Edge will be fine until the Note 8 comes around. I won't leave Samsung for anything that's out there now.

itsmillertime65

Commendable
Oct 14, 2016
The survey says 34%, not 40% and 34 doesn't round up to 40 . . . this is just a journalism tactic to make things sound worse than they actually are. Also, the survey only lasted 2 days and only 1,000 ppl were surveyed. Not typically how an effective survey is ran. I'm interested to see what other Android phones this will help, because all this BS about how people are moving to Apple in droves is wrong. Most ppl who have been using one OS are not going to just jump ship to another OS because they had a bad experience with hardware and not the software. I'm thinking this was probably perfect timing for the Pixel phones, even though Google practically priced themselves out of most people's expectations of their new phone.

PhilipMichaels

Estimable
Oct 1, 2014

I'm sorry, but you're mistaken.

The survey conducted Oct. 11/12 clearly says 40 percent.

You're looking at the survey conducted in September that says 34 percent.

itsmillertime65

Commendable
Oct 14, 2016

Ahh I see, I was viewing the link from the initial survey . . . Thanks for the correction, Phillip.

My statement about people jumping from one OS to another still holds as I can't see someone blaming the software for a hardware malfunction. Surely people aren't that misinformed to believe that these exploding batteries are the fault of the Android OS?

PhilipMichaels

Estimable
Oct 1, 2014

Oh, I think that's a very valid criticism. There's a natural reluctance to switch OSes, and while the iPhone is a natural competitor to Samsung's flagship devices, there are plenty of other Android devices that disaffected Samsung customers can turn to.

itsmillertime65

Commendable
Oct 14, 2016

Oh, I know some people will but many news outlets are making it sound like the majority of these Samsung users will, which I highly doubt is the case. Mainly BGR and I know, I know they're a very Apple oriented news site. But people who enjoy Android, which from most people I know use that particular OS because of the openness of it, will not move to iOS due to the locked-down nature of it. I could see older people that aren't necessarily tech savvy or care about openness moving to iOS because they simply want something that can make phone calls, text, and search online. Most of them don't care about being able to make their phone OS look unique or being able to install 3rd party apps.

Status
Not open for further replies.