System Crashes Possibly due to DX9 or Catalist 3.4

cdpage

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2001
I am getting quit sick of my computer crashing now... and it only seems to do it during game play. (though once it seemed as though it were going to crash while on the net).

Here is my problem. I JUST bought a new Machine, Spec's Below. And have installed DX 9 and Catalist 3.4 for my vidio card. I used to haver a MAC monitor, since there was no driver to be found for it, i had to leave it set to standard monitor. Thinking that this may be the problem, i changed monitors to a Compaq 171FS(this is automaticly found by windows). and it still crashes...

This leaves me to belive that it may be a driver problem w/ eather DX9 or the CAT draiver.

Also, i have been keeping close eye on my Temperature the system seems to idle at about MB 43c CPU 42c, when i crash i take a look again and its up to about MB 47c and CPU 44c.

So this doesn't seem to be the problem. However i have my doubt about the power supply. it seems to get very warm.

If any one can give me some feedback on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

ASUS P4S8X - P4 2.4B - 2 x 512M DDR333 - ATI 9500 Pro(Sapphire) - WD 80G HD (8M Buffer) - SAMSUNG SV0844D 8G HD - LG 16X DVD - Yamaha F1 CDRW - Iomega Zip 250 int.

kinetic_tw

Distinguished
May 29, 2003
What do you mean by "crash"? Does it reboot? Blue screen? Lock up? Shut down? Etc.

Also, you mentioned that your power supply ran hot, but you didnt say what it was. What is it?

cdpage

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2001
my PSU is an enlight 420W

I have been told that my temps are not too high and they should not be casueing the crashes any how.

What i mean by crashes... is that everything freezes, that includes the sound and the mouse...restarting requires restart buttom or power down.

sometimes there is a pause for a moment before it freezes completely, if that help any.

ASUS P4S8X - P4 2.4B - 2 x 512M DDR333 - ATI 9500 Pro(Sapphire) - WD 80G HD (8M Buffer) - SAMSUNG SV0844D 8G HD - LG 16X DVD - Yamaha F1 CDRW - Iomega Zip 250 int.