T-Mobile: All Phones Free on June 19

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

[citation][nom]NuclearShadow[/nom]I would advise against T-Mobile at all costs. Their service is poor and the customer service is down right revolting.[/citation]

Um sounds like PERSONAL problems maybe anger issues - not sure.

Nearly 8 very happy years with T-Mobile (3 Accounts, 7 phones - 3 G1's, 1 Dash and 3 dumbphones) I have yet to call T-Mobile with ANY problem and not have it resolved in a reason amount of time and with pleasant (but sometimes stressed out) customer service.

Verizon for my business accounts (43 phones with full data and got treated like dirt. Never again but I do love FiOS)

AT&T's customer service network is laughable (unless you are in civil service - great discounts $$$) or unless you NEED an Apple i(have a device unless for making)Phone(calls)

Sprint is the only other carrier I would consider: good service, pricing and their customer service was diligent when I called with business & client problems.

NukeShadow: a company does not lose all credibility due to a simple computer error - get over it - you didn't beat T-Mobile or win anything. It was more than likely a mistake that corrected itself. Try not to have a clinical therapy session via comment sections of web blogs. Thank you.

gemmakaru

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
T mobile is a lovely company but unfortuately being lovely doesn't help when I want to make a call. I had no signal; at home, at work round my best friend house and many other places. There signals are just too weak. So I dropped them at great expense to myself and moved on.

Not sure why I had to pay them for nothing in return. If I promised you a steady stream of sand for £30 / month and you signed the contract, would you be happy about paying me a penalty because you no longer want to pay for sand you aren't recieving. No you wouldn't. Nor was I.

It's a borderline con.

Hope Slayer

Distinguished
Feb 29, 2008
I've been with TMobile for 4 years myself and other then a few spotty calls when I was waaaayyy out in the Cherokee National Forest, or deep in a valley with no towers around for miles I've had a superb experience with them. Coast to coast, back wooods of Missouri, middle of Eastbumble, TX...always reliable service. Customer service has always went out of their way to help me even with the smallest issues.

Your going to get dropped calls or periods of weak signals no matter which carrier you chose, it's not always their fault(well except maybe AT&T) it's the tech. Your going to have a douche bag customer service rep every now and then, their human, not robots.

When I was in law enforcement my department used Sprint and though we had great service quality the CSR's were complete terds. We moved to Verizon and they wanted to nickel and dime our service to death. Tmobile to me has been the best so far.

Morgan3rd

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
I'm adequately happy with T-mobile.

I'm hoping they release some really sexy phones for the fall (when I'm going to make the leap from dumb-phone to smartphone)

skatt3rbrain

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
[citation][nom]dertoter[/nom]I'm sorry but tmobile is just bad. My g/f used to use tmobile and their customer service was probably the worst customer service i had ever spoke with. Do you remember when the sidekick service was down for what seemed like at least 2 months? Well, they didn't really care. No compensation what so ever. We pushed to cancel the line but they threatened the Early Termination Fee. Too bad in their TOS at the time it stated we were given the right to cancel the line due to none function equipment/service. Take that tmobile!Basically, don't go with Tmobile. Ever since we switched to Sprint i've never had a problem and their customer service is very helpful![/citation]

We had two sidekicks on the family plan when that happened and I got $50 credits, one for each line. They didn't just offer them, though. If you didn't do your research and know about them, and didn't ask for them, they weren't just going to send them if they didn't have to.

Granted it was a messy situation, but you have to realize that T-mobile customer service didn't mess up there. It was Microsoft/Danger Inc. servers that failed, and the communication between companies and how much the reps knew about any of those details as the problem got worked out was next to nothing. I asked to speak with a tech and when I finally got a hold of one to ask the nitty gritty details from, I learned that the engineers and network administrators were still working things out, too. I'd like to see any other phone company take care of a similar problem any better than T-mobile could. I'm not saying T-mobile is the best but it's not as bad as you make it out to be over that one situation. 7 years with them so far!

$50 in compensation for losing internet capabilities for three weeks is fair compensation in my book, and the reps were very helpful when I asked questions about other phones in the case the issues didn't get worked out :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS