T-Mobile Ups Android G1 Data Cap from 1 GB to Unlimited

Status
Not open for further replies.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
ok NOW im strongly considering this phone... although i don't know how much it'll run me considering im already a customer of t-mobile but im in a family plan.. hope to god they don't charge me like $400, i can't afford that -_- THATS A GOOD-@$$ VIDEO CARD YO

dieseldre2k

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2008
horay for comcast-type business practices. notice they never said they would increase the cap. if anything, now they have more power than before. they can make the cap whatever they want since they never guarantee u any sort of bandwidth. 1GB is too little, but with this they can make it 2 GB and not only will u not know what the cap is, but u cant argue with them either.

G

They'll cap it just like satellite internet provides do with their "FAP" or Fair Access Policy. Rather than a monthly limit, it will be a moving target like 250MB of data over a 3hr. period will get you cut back. When I was on satellite internet service the limit was 379MB in a 4hr period. Doing the math shows those are dial-up speeds so you had to watch what you were doing. Shouldn't be a big deal for most people and FAP did keep the service working.

I think in the advertising they should have to explicitly mention data caps. Otherwise if advertised as unlimited it should be unlimited. As in max solid upload/download 24/7 is okay.

I do not know T-mobiles ads specifically. Rather I am talking about ISP's in general. Any limits should have to be in bold if advertised on TV it should be readable at 10 feet on a 13inch TV and displayed long enough for an average person to write down verbatim. That or the limits should be spoken verbally.

These limits do bug me with Comcast but I probably use about 50GB a month. More if watching HD shows off of the major networks websites.

Status
Not open for further replies.