T-Mobile's Buy One, Get One Galaxy S8 Deal Is Bogus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feingoldjk

Prominent
May 12, 2017
The 750 dollar gift card can be applied to pay off the phone, eliminating the 30 dollar a month price for the phone. Seems to me that you have some kind of negative bias to T-Mobile.

jfalkingham

Prominent
May 6, 2017
Definitely not bogus. You get a phone at $30 down, $30 a month for 24 months = $750. In about 8 weeks you get a visa gift card with a credit of $750. You can use it to pay off the s8 you got and have a free phone or you can get another s8 at full retail or you can do whatever you want with the credit anywhere visa is accepted. It's a good deal.

joe_242

Prominent
May 12, 2017
honeslty this shows very original thinking by T mobile and gives customers options, I don't see the downside... But then again you can't have clickbait titles with a normal story (outrage sells more ;) )

mtxguy74

Prominent
May 12, 2017
To add in to this the carriers aren't the ones setting the prices on the handsets. I think it is great the carriers are doing this but they need to get something out of it too. Maybe direct some of the outrage towards the big phone manufacturers and their inflated prices.

Joel_71

Prominent
May 12, 2017
This is like the worst article I've ever read on Tom's guide. Take it down. Consumers with any brain will see right through this click bait story.

I got the buy one get one free on the Galaxy S7 last year and it worked the exact same as this one and it's a great deal.

ExJones

Prominent
May 12, 2017
What's bogus about receiving a free $750 Mastercard to spend on whatever you want- including paying off the phone (which, yeah, makes it free)? There are caveats to every 'deal' sir. You are clearly biased against T-Mobile for some reason. This article really just proved to me how "bogus" YOU are. I'm done following your ill-opinionated headlines followed by flaky, biased stories with no merit!

TrinityFire

Prominent
May 12, 2017
Got 3 iphone 7 rebates in total of $1600ish in Mastercard from Tmobile 3 months ago. Yes, the wait is 8 weeks and you have to get new lines., but it was no hassle, all online and didn't have to call in. Tmobile is giving you free money to try out their service which is great. And I have used Verizon, ATT and a bunch of MVNOs before coming over. I don't see why you would call it bogus, or you expect them to hand out the phone for free like a food bank.

Christopher_156

Prominent
May 12, 2017
Yeah well this is sooooooo typical!
I sell smartphones at Target and this deal is very
similar to the kinds of deals we offer. I think it's a good
deal!

Augustini

Prominent
May 18, 2017

Usually on a BOGO deal, you get the two items and then get instant credit for the second one at the cash register. If you have to 'go around the moon' to get credit for the second phone, then, IMHO, it's a bogus offer that provides the seller with some kind of extra benefit.

rgd1101

Don't

Again where did you see that on the article that the phones don't arrive at the same time?
BOGO could also be a mail in rebate which also need to wait and send in serial# or whatever, so this is nothing new.

Thor_4

Prominent
May 22, 2017
Weird article -- everyone else is calling you out for the same reason as me -- I did the BOGO S7 Edge last year with T-mobile and it was a great deal....

WHO'S PAYING YOU TO WRITE THIS?? You seem bought and paid for... last time I'll be here on your site :) Is it worth the little money someone paid you to ruin your good name? Guess it was

dutchie45

Prominent
Jun 8, 2017
this is a good deal because you can finance the 2 phones through tmobile , even if u add a line which will cost $20 a month once u get the 750 prepaid card u can cancel the new line of service and use the $750 to pay off the remaining balance on one of the phones. other carriers with bogo promotions require u to add a new line of service where u are required to keep the service for 24 months in order to get your full monthly credits toward the free galaxy s8. so basically the tmobile deal only require you to keep service on the new line of service for 2 months compared to 24 months with other carriers only deal better than the tmobile deal was the samsung bogo promotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.