tab 4 nook wont shut off

louanne61

Prominent
Sep 23, 2017
tab 4 wont shut down been doing everything on here continues to get stuck at nook need to know how to hard reset

Solution
Each tablet it a little different in regards to accessing it. Your best way to understand how it is done (and to find out if you would feel comfortable doing it) would be to do a quick search online for instructions on doing so. You may well find a video or two on it as well. Many people make such walk through videos.
To do a "Hard Reset" you have to be able to turn it off first. So it would not help you at the moment. You are going to have to either wait until it loses power, or pull the battery. Yes, I know the batteries are hard to get into on many tablets, but unless it is under warranty then it is possible.

louanne61

Prominent
Sep 23, 2017
I did let battery die. I also charged a bit.then I got the android lil guy up did the data clear,then restart , nope did not work.so how do I get in to tab ? I dont want to break the screen,but if it is not working now what doe it matter.

Before trying to reset it you may want to try turning it on in "Safe Mode" and see if it will load. This way no personal data is lost. If it does, then there is something on the tablet that is the problem and needs to be removed. Virus, Malware, bad app, etc.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

louanne61

Prominent
Sep 23, 2017

No that doesn't work I have done this also . I need to know how to open it do the battery thing, I have had it for 2 years not under warranty,if this doesn't work on taking battery out then I will have to buy a new one.

Each tablet it a little different in regards to accessing it. Your best way to understand how it is done (and to find out if you would feel comfortable doing it) would be to do a quick search online for instructions on doing so. You may well find a video or two on it as well. Many people make such walk through videos.

Solution

louanne61

Prominent
Sep 23, 2017

thank you I will do so. I appreciate your time .