Take a Moment: Today is 12/12/12

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stevo777

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2008
[citation][nom]sam_p_lay[/nom]Wrong.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Berners-Leehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_BabbageKind of a backfire for a comment about not being stupid. But yeah, obviously saying all Americans are stupid is in itself a stupid (and racist) thing to say.[/citation]
Ah, babbage didn't invent the computer genious. That's like saying Da Vinci invented the airplane, and not the Wright brothers. Get your facts straight, and don't call someone else stupid if you are going to be a complete fool. I can think of an interstellar spaceship; that doesn't mean I invented one. By your genios logic, there's plenty of people who have "invented" perpetual motion machines. Sheesh!

And, the Web is not the internet, it is the software. The hardware is the internet. You my friend, are not nearly as bright as you think you are.

quixilver1

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2009
[citation][nom]sacre[/nom]Oh, when another country is different you guys don't take more than a second to go nuts over it, but when your country is doing something odd its now a "Nothing wrong with being different"Oh and your measurement system...... only reason we do use that terrible feet inches method in Aviation is because of your country.. i mean c'mon, 12 inches in a foot, 3 feet in a yard, etc, etc terrible.. what a mess[/citation]
I am from the U.S. and personally I like the metric system. It is 10X easier. ;-)

stevo777

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2008
[citation][nom]techcurious[/nom]I don't think most people think ALL Americans are stupid.. only stupid people would believe in absolutes like that. But you have to admit, the ratio of dumb people in the US is pretty high for a Developed country.. Perhaps it's not as bad as it seems and "America's Dumbness" is just attracting more attention than it's smartness ever since George W. Bush got so much media attention... Having a president that said things like "Most of our imports come from overseas.." really did not help America's image in the world... and yet the American people elected him for a 2nd term![/citation]

Well, I was just slamming those that do keep saying, or implying how dumb we are--I'm tired of it. There's no doubt that the US has it's share of fools, but so does every other nation. I'm just tired of hearing bigots ranting on with the Merica thing and all that. Those people need to get a life. And, it doesn't sit well with me to have narrow minded people show up on comment boards and insult people for no good reason. I don't care if it's a joke either. There are plenty of racist jokes that are innapropriate too.

Razorcreed

Honorable
Nov 16, 2012
Technically it is not 12/12/12 we just write it like that it is 12/12/2012 lol.... Now hear me out please. In reality in the year 12 it was 12/12/12 was'nt it???? I think so.... Actually I know so !!!! so there you go BLEH!!!!!

Pherule

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2010
[citation][nom]Spartanmk2[/nom]Nothing wrong with being different,[/citation]
Erm, sorry, but the only logical date format is year/month/day.

Computers can't sort dates properly if you write it any other way, and until they do, that is the only correct and acceptable format.

CrArC

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]Next year: Nov 12th 2013 or 11/12/13.[/citation] I totally forgot to note it was 12/12/12, so on 11/12/13 I'm gonna take a screenshot at 09:10 and 14:15 and celebrate with all the arbitrary-date-crazy mongoloids.

Status
Not open for further replies.